Pardon the slight change of subject from strictly tuning, but I can't start a new thread.

Got a HW80/Beeman R1 question if you would:

Anyone have a 12 ft/lb HW80?

I have a FAC R1 (am here in Calif, USA) that does 7.9 gr Crosman Premier Lites about 1,010 fps.

Problem is, that though it groups accurately, it is hold sensitive in that if I switch from shooting standing with a rest, to sitting with a rest (artillery hold used both), the nice and tight groups move vertically.

At about 35 yds, my sitting with rest groups hit about 1.5 inches higher than my standing w/rest groups.

Can anyone comment on how a 12 ft/lb HW80 is about allowing different holds without the groups moving up/down?

Power is nice, but accuracy is better.

I'd get a 12 ft/lb kit for my Beeman R1 if that would make it more like my AA TX200 (which hits the mark, no matter how I hold it. Dittos for my Beeman R7 and HW55s).

Oddly enough, my Beeman R9 is more tolerant of varying the way I hold it and does not shift the groups like my R1.

Thanks, and good luck on keeping your airgun freedoms. Here in the USA we have the "Democratic" Party that would strip us of our firearms, airguns, water pistols, sharpened pencils, etc if they got the chance.

Robert Hamilton
California, USA