Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Gun Tuning

help

Hi all can you help .I have a 75 original recoilless 6 mtr mach .is it possible to increase the power with a deferent spring so could use it for field target
    MRLYN LIMITED EDITION WEIHRAUCH CARBINE

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by DOIDY1 View Post
    Hi all can you help .I have a 75 original recoilless 6 mtr mach .is it possible to increase the power with a deferent spring so could use it for field target
    The compression chamber is too small, don't bother. FWB300 Match rifles can be boosted a bit, to 7.5 or 8.5 ft/lbs. Sell it and get a Prosport.

webley lacking power

hi, just put new spring etc in my .177 stingray, seems to be only managing 600 fps, any ideas why this could be, could puttin to much grease on mainspring have any adverse effest as i have put rather alot on it, any help much appreciated

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie642 View Post
    hi, just put new spring etc in my .177 stingray, seems to be only managing 600 fps, any ideas why this could be, could puttin to much grease on mainspring have any adverse effest as i have put rather alot on it, any help much appreciated
    If you read the Tuning Guide at the beginning it says to use a very thin SMEAR of grease. Slathering it on with a trowel will cause problems.

Read the guide, degrease, check the piston seal and breech seal for nicks, relube and try again.

k, stripped all down, and degreased, noticed a tiny dent on the piston seal, think i may have done that when refitting it, could that cause such a big drop in power as its a very very small dent, if so can you recommend a supplier and any tips on refitting it into the chamber avoiding any damage, also next time i change mainsprings can you recommend a certain make for quality and power, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie642 View Post
    k, stripped all down, and degreased, noticed a tiny dent on the piston seal, think i may have done that when refitting it, could that cause such a big drop in power as its a very very small dent, if so can you recommend a supplier and any tips on refitting it into the chamber avoiding any damage, also next time i change mainsprings can you recommend a certain make for quality and power, thanks
    If the piston seal is letting air past it, you can expect lower power, harsher recoil and poorer accuracy. I don't know if the 'dent' you mention is letting air past. If you put the piston in the cylinder without the spring, and hold your finger over the transfer port & press the piston forward with a dowel, you should get an idea of whether the piston seal is working well. Cuts on the lip of the piston seal can have a dramatic effect on power.

Maccari in the USA does a nice tuning kit for this rifle -

Usually takes a couple of weeks, but worth the wait. Price depends on exchange rate.

Spring and guides -

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Special piston washer

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...485/945836.htm

good luck

:d:d:d:d:d:d

just read this with great interest will give it a try in the near future..good info

i could do with a hand with this

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If the piston seal is letting air past it, you can expect lower power, harsher recoil and poorer accuracy. I don't know if the 'dent' you mention is letting air past. If you put the piston in the cylinder without the spring, and hold your finger over the transfer port & press the piston forward with a dowel, you should get an idea of whether the piston seal is working well. Cuts on the lip of the piston seal can have a dramatic effect on power.

Maccari in the USA does a nice tuning kit for this rifle -

Usually takes a couple of weeks, but worth the wait. Price depends on exchange rate.

Spring and guides -

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...488/552850.htm

Special piston washer

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...485/945836.htm

good luck
    Mr uk litehammer is well into Maccari for his air rifles which are top notch and he knows his stuff so it's got to be quality gear
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

thanks

Will look out for a older model I was a bit unsure about getting parts like seals. But after reading this I will give it a go. Thanks from Mick

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye dick View Post
    No you cant it is not available to the general public, my wife gets it because she lectures and teaches nails and beauty but I have tried to get some without success I believe you can buy it in the USA over the counter
    I have seen it for sale on the "Auction site"
    Webley Raider10.22 (Birmingham) Hawke Varmint Mk.11 6-24X44
    BSA Lightning XL .177 G/Ram AGS 3-9 x 40 cross hair

Tuning a Gamo CFX

Which do you think will be the best a replacement spring or the Theoben gas ram. Also if I do convert to the gas ram will I still need to do the lube and seal tune or does everthing I need come in the Theoben kit?

Ref, Isopropyl alcohol
    often the main ingredient in glass/window/windscreen cleaner,
    But by far the best degreaser is car brake cleaner, available from any autoparts dealer by the gallon or in aerosols.
    steve

lubricant

Hi sorry to maybe ask a silly question will parker-hale express gun oil be ok for the main seal on the piston?