Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Gun Tuning

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by kdaw View Post
    Hi sorry to maybe ask a silly question will parker-hale express gun oil be ok for the main seal on the piston?
    It would not be a good choice as it is for firearms lubrication and has a low flash-point. Use a tiny smear of moly grease or SM50.

Why not support our sponsor and buy a bottle of SM50 from him?

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...sm50-30ml.html

I've used it in in dozens of rifles and it works great with plastic, rubber and leather seals. A £4.60 bottle will last for ages (years).

The PH stuff will cause dieselling and possibly damage the rifle. If you have bought some already it will be OK to lube the trigger mechanism and also as a light coating to inhibit rust on the OUTSIDE of the rifle. But don't put it in the compression chamber or deiselling will occur.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 24-06-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Hw99s

Just purchased my first ever air rifle, and it's twangy. Any ideas on how to fix this. Also is a silencer a good add on to get? Can anyone suggest a good silencer to fit the weihrauch hw99s. Should I shorten to carbine length? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this.
    Any help will be appreciated

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodguyj View Post
    Just purchased my first ever air rifle, and it's twangy. Any ideas on how to fix this. Also is a silencer a good add on to get? Can anyone suggest a good silencer to fit the weihrauch hw99s. Should I shorten to carbine length? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this.
    Any help will be appreciated
    Read the first post on this thread, this tells you how to do a simple tune which will help reduce twang. The other things you can do are fit a piston sleeve (discussed near the top of the thread) and/or fit a custom spring/guide kit.

Tuning guide

This is the best Tuning Guide that I have found on the net,you will need to translate.

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...47091&pageNo=1

look at the pictures before you translate or the translator will block them

Quote Originally Posted by shootingmad View Post
    This is the best Tuning Guide that I have found on the net,you will need to translate.

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...47091&pageNo=1

look at the pictures before you translate or the translator will block them

Problem is that you need a translator to translate the translation -

'Are we then about how we optimize the disassembled parts, complement and re-assemble. chip flow-locking optimize here only briefly, as already discussed in a separate thread . -The chip flow is allowed to transmit on its grid at runtime no forces on the run, as they deform the barrel minimal, which, however, because of the enormous "lever arm" makes the target distance noticeable. - The chip flow must be at always the same in his record run engage, otherwise changes the "jumping" of the rifle by the bounce shock. It is therefore a much softer spring is used, thereby also the arresting and releasing the chip flow proceeds much easier and more enjoyable, and it is sharpened, the front end of the mandrel - slightly smaller in diameter, slightly rounded, a little smoother.'

I think my tuning guide is a bit easier to follow! Perhaps you are fluent in German and can understand the original.

My once twangy weihrauch HW99s is now as quiet as a mouse, Thanks to Steve Pope for the V-Mach Kit and a massive thanks to UkNeil for fitting it for me. It now shoots a dream.

Great guide I've got an old BSA Meteor that needs a good clean so I'll give it a go!

That's a gem. Worth translating by all appearances.

great post this thanks a lot, im off to start collecting bits to give my old webley a good going over!

spring gun tuning

never carry out any modification to an air rifle or pistol unless you have access to a cyrono
    or you could be in a hole lot of trouble

sorted

thanks for the info

excellent post, great info there

Great read and going to use . Thank lads Dave

Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    never carry out any modification to an air rifle or pistol unless you have access to a cyrono
    or you could be in a hole lot of trouble

I think you mean whole, though hole is quite appropriate.
    An Emergency on your part doesn't necessarily mean an Emergency on my part!

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Just a thought. If the spring does not bear on surfaces why do tuners put grease on it.Is it to mask problems which should have been taken care of by the tune itself.If not, the problem which is being masked is surely one that needs to be taken care of. It will always be there!
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.