Thread: EV2 General advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lubed JSB 4.52s seem to go OK. They do seem to like a clean barrel, ie clean after every session, and put a few through before the next serious shoot.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Lash13 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    Lubed JSB 4.52s seem to go OK. They do seem to like a clean barrel, ie clean after every session, and put a few through before the next serious shoot.

Gus
    Ahh thanks, the clean Barrel seems to be something mentioned a lot.
    Lee

Yes, barrel will need cleaning at least once every tin. However if you do a really enthusiastic clean - like using a pull-through that needs all your strength to get it out of the barrel (!) - then be prepared to use fifty shots or so to get it to group.

The EV2 has a probe to seat the pellet but this does not make it immune to changes in how you load the pellet into the breech. If you are not consistent here you will get looser groups.

If in doubt, try a smaller head size pellet. Bismags are tight in mine and don't group at all well. JSB 4.52's are normally its best diet, depending on the batch, but sometimes I will get marginally better groups with 4.51's.

Finally, a mechanical check. Is the grub screw that holds the muzzle brake onto the front collar properly tight? This has a point on the end of it that sits in a vee groove cut in the support stud.

PS what's the build date? The firing valve was altered at the beginning of 2005 and AA were doing a free upgrade when the early rifles went in for service or repair. The new valve is much more consistent and uses a lot less air per shot.

Rich

baxterbasics Guest
    From what i have seen at the club:

Bore snake/pull through every few hundred shots
    aa/jsb 4.51 or 4.52 sized