Thread: Freedom Ft Gentlemen?

Freedom Ft Gentlemen?

Communism still exists in this world, and as such it is a Threat to our Way of Life. Recent events involving the inhabitants of Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, Arabia and our former colonies on the sub-continent seem to have overshadowed this important fact. As a keen gardener I know how IN A SINGLE NIGHT one tiny cutting of Japanese knotweed can destroy a lawn which may have taken generations to perfect. It is the same with the virulent, Godless ideology of Communism, which is only waiting for the right conditions to burst forth upon Our United Kingdon and make it a Living Hell.

We must be vigilant. We must be prepared.

Thus I have decided that we in the airgun community owe it to our Country to practise a new form of Field Target shooting which addresses the times we live in.

Equipment: fixed barrel British-made air-rifle (allowing the choice of the BSA Airsporter OR the Webley Mk III). Must be modified to take the SMLE spike bayonet. Open sights and .22 only.

Targets: 30 scaled-down metal plate 'Charging Ivan' with central kill-zone.

Ranges: 5 to 50 paces.

Stout boots recommended.

Shooters are to attempt to drop all thirty targets with an unlimited supply of ammunition, but have only 20 minutes to complete the course, which is spread over 300 yards mixed open ground and house-to-house CQB.

At the end of the course there is a massed bayonet-charge of all competitors across 50 yards of shell-pitted no-mans land, standard 50 yard straw archery targets will be used.

What think you all? Do I have any takers?

I think you should sit down and I will get your medication

Born Again Guest
    Sorry, Mr D, It's not clear from your post - Are we allowed to use the bayonet on the knock down targets or merely for the final massed charge ?

If the bayonet is acceptable for all targets we should have some partially buried to simulate the enemy emerging from their tunnels, a cowardly strategy they favour.

Been on the Buckfast have we?

windowrest is offline I may be quick but never flippant
    i believe the vicar mentioned this at the last PCC,something about it being every Englishmans duty to take part given the current hostilities. A bit rich, with her coming from the colonies and all....

sten Guest
    You missed you chance to be Captain Mainwaring by a few years

Count me in comrade!

I trust the kill zones will be in the form of a red star picked out against an olive drab surround?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    .......As a keen gardener I know how IN A SINGLE NIGHT one tiny cutting of Japanese knotweed can destroy a lawn which may have taken generations to perfect. .....
    Take "Banvel M", spray a half ml in 50 ml water, per square meter and your Lawn will be OK ( free of Japanese knotweed ) a extermination with a Bayonet is not necessary.

And before you start shooting at human-silhouettes talk to somebody who took part in a war. Or better talk to a women that has just lost her husband and is left alone with the children.

Such things are a bitter duty if your country is under war and definitely not a sport.

Jochen
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

corb.177 Guest
    Will one be allowed to rest ones weapon on pegs for this flight of fancy?