Communism still exists in this world, and as such it is a Threat to our Way of Life. Recent events involving the inhabitants of Asia Minor, Mesopotamia, Arabia and our former colonies on the sub-continent seem to have overshadowed this important fact. As a keen gardener I know how IN A SINGLE NIGHT one tiny cutting of Japanese knotweed can destroy a lawn which may have taken generations to perfect. It is the same with the virulent, Godless ideology of Communism, which is only waiting for the right conditions to burst forth upon Our United Kingdon and make it a Living Hell.

We must be vigilant. We must be prepared.

Thus I have decided that we in the airgun community owe it to our Country to practise a new form of Field Target shooting which addresses the times we live in.

Equipment: fixed barrel British-made air-rifle (allowing the choice of the BSA Airsporter OR the Webley Mk III). Must be modified to take the SMLE spike bayonet. Open sights and .22 only.

Targets: 30 scaled-down metal plate 'Charging Ivan' with central kill-zone.

Ranges: 5 to 50 paces.

Stout boots recommended.

Shooters are to attempt to drop all thirty targets with an unlimited supply of ammunition, but have only 20 minutes to complete the course, which is spread over 300 yards mixed open ground and house-to-house CQB.

At the end of the course there is a massed bayonet-charge of all competitors across 50 yards of shell-pitted no-mans land, standard 50 yard straw archery targets will be used.

What think you all? Do I have any takers?