Thread: Brocock TAC quick filling

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday

Brocock TAC quick filling

Is it possible to take the connector (the bit that connects to the TAC) from a slim jim pump and connect it to a stirrup pump for easier charging of Brocock TAC's?

Quote Originally Posted by career707lover View Post
    Is it possible to take the connector (the bit that connects to the TAC) from a slim jim pump and connect it to a stirrup pump for easier charging of Brocock TAC's?
    Or would a Ramcharger be a better way to go?

career707lover is offline His one man drag act at the dog and duck sells out every friday
    Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    Or would a Ramcharger be a better way to go?
    Well yes but they are pretty expensive I already have the stirrup pump you see so it would just be a matter of getting a slim jim and taking the connector bit off it. There are stirrup pumps specifically for TACs, im not sure if these are just normal stirrup pumps but instead of having a hose attached they have a filling adaptor for TAC's? Thats actually what made me ask the original question

Quote Originally Posted by career707lover View Post
    Well yes but they are pretty expensive I already have the stirrup pump you see so it would just be a matter of getting a slim jim and taking the connector bit off it. There are stirrup pumps specifically for TACs, im not sure if these are just normal stirrup pumps but instead of having a hose attached they have a filling adaptor for TAC's? Thats actually what made me ask the original question
    Hiya mate, ( We spoke before about this )
    The Brocock " Single stroke pump " for the TACs is just that, Like I said to you, I made an adapter to charge the TACs from the stirrup pump , However I seem to remember that it took about 3-5 pumps ??
    The reason methinks , Is that its a Single/Double action, But not the 3 cycle action of the stirrup pump , ( I haven,t looked inside )

Pics-

I bought this single stroke TAC charger off this forum a few years ago !
    It didn,t have the charging module , So I made one ( In Aluminium )
    Pic-

I also have these, Both in .22 & .177 ( Only the heads are different ? )
    Pic-

I also have this ? ( The question mark is that its marked brocock charger ) & I know what it is ?
    Pic-[

I have any Brocock guns anymore, They were a great ( If not cumbersome idea ) All my guns are in storage, & sell them this year <
    Or next, Ha ha, Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 11-02-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Wrong Pic

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    The Brocock " Single stroke pump " for the TACs is just that, Like I said to you, I made an adapter to charge the TACs from the stirrup pump , However I seem to remember that it took about 3-5 pumps ??
    The reason methinks , Is that its a Single/Double action, But not the 3 cycle action of the stirrup pump , ( I haven,t looked inside )

Pics-

I bought this single stroke TAC charger off this forum a few years ago !
    It didn,t have the charging module , So I made one ( In Aluminium )
    Pic-

I also have these, Both in .22 & .177 ( Only the heads are different ? )
    Pic-

I also have this ? ( The question mark is that its marked brocock charger ) & I know what it is ?
    Pic-[

I have any Brocock guns anymore, They were a great ( If not cumbersome idea ) All my guns are in storage, & sell them this year <
    Or next, Ha ha, Ged.
    Hey cheers Ged yes I remember you telling me that you had made an adaptor of some sort but were having trouble locating it.

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    2 strokes for the Brocock-made stirrup pump (well, mine is)

One stroke used to fill a TAC - at least it did on mine. My stirrup pump is redundant BTW as I don't have any Brocock TACs any more... Still got the pump and a few carts tho.
    HW100KT, ATN X-Sght 4K Pro, MTC Taipan 6-24x56; HW97K, MTC Viper 10x44
    Walther LGV Comp Pro, MTC Connect 3-12
    HW45, Beretta 92fs, Premier, Tempest, MkIII, Orig. Mod50