Thread: AA silencer

AA silencer

Can an Air arms silencer be stripped down ?

I have an AA silencer that has pellet marks on two sides where the pellet clips it. So I assume I have something loose inside that is causing the problem (it did have a bit of a knock) can any of you offer any advice on rectifying the problem or do I need a new one.
    The rifle fires fine without it but groups like a shot gun with it.

TIA

Idrilled the end of mine as i could see 2 or three marks every 40 shotts but mine grouped ok apart a couple of fliers, seems to have worked OK ANT.

bennyblanco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy
    Can an Air arms silencer be stripped down ?

I have an AA silencer that has pellet marks on two sides where the pellet clips it. So I assume I have something loose inside that is causing the problem (it did have a bit of a knock) can any of you offer any advice on rectifying the problem or do I need a new one.
    The rifle fires fine without it but groups like a shot gun with it.

TIA
    you need to apply heat at either end to loosen the glue and they are threaded. i have fixed two that had accuaracy problems, i recomend glueing the centre baffle in place as this has quite a bad fit in the silencer. the two that i fixed have remained perfect.

HTH ben

Thanks guys, will get the heat gun out if that don't work the cordless drill will be next.