Thread: Ferretin' job - St. Albans ?

Ferretin' job - St. Albans ?

I may (still) have a ferretin' job for someone in the St. Albans (-ish) area. Not seen the job, but shooting is not an option due to proximity of public access. [Not my opinion, the land-owners. I haven't the area remember. ]

If interested, your first couple of visits will be supervised by myself, as you will be there at my recommendation. If the gaffer likes yer, I'm sure there'll be more to come.

PLEASE, only volunteer if you CAN actually attend.

Local bods preferred as these are more likely to turn up I'd expect, but any BBS member will be considered.

To be good, one must do good.

Gary C Guest
    Geoffrey
    Be careful - if anybody takes it now they are either keen diggers or know jack all about ferrets.

ferreting season is well over - won't start until the 1st frost (approx). Too many kits mean that the ferrets will kill in, so you have to dig them out. Add to that the amount of vegetation covering the borrows and you see why it's a winter sport

I thought it was "burrows" now how do you spell p e d a n t i c

Gary C Guest
    typing on a russian keyboard

Gimme a break Bazski

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Geoffrey
    Be careful - if anybody takes it now they are either keen diggers or know jack all about ferrets.

ferreting season is well over - won't start until the 1st frost (approx). Too many kits mean that the ferrets will kill in, so you have to dig them out. Add to that the amount of vegetation covering the borrows and you see why it's a winter sport
    Yeah what he said....

like it or loathe it the only viable forms of rabbit control this time of year if shooting is out are snaring and gassing, neither of which are ideal (snares need checking at least once a day, preferably twice and gassing is indiscriminate and no ferreter would be willing to work the warrens for 18 months or more after gassing).
    I'm telling you it moved!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Geoffrey

Aaaaah.

Which of course includes me......

Thanks for the 'heads up' Comrade Cooper.

[Bazski << that's a cracker. ]
    To be good, one must do good.

Gary C Guest
    :-)

Funnily enough I asked the same question at the same time last year
    Now I have a couple of stinkers of my own
    Cracking little creatures