Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker24seven
    Welcome aboard
    cheers slacker i'm enjoying myself again at one with gun
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Quote Originally Posted by raging taxi
    cheers slacker i'm enjoying myself again at one with gun
    No problemo. The X2 and the HW I know very little about but if I can help with anything S10 related just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker24seven
    No problemo. The X2 and the HW I know very little about but if I can help with anything S10 related just ask.
    how many shots in 177 would i get roughly and how effective is the bull barrell moderator/shroud as i want a really quiet gun and ive heard the hw100 is cheers slacker ps my first rifle was a vulcan circa 1983 fond memories
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

According to my manual its 160ish for the rifle 100ish for the carbine. I get 170 ish in .22. The bull barrell isnt as quiet as a proper moderator as its designed for the american market where external moderators are illegal IIRC so it has to be self contained. As the shooter you're concious of it but you can hardly hear it at all from a few yards away anyway. A standard barell version with a proper silencer is quieter just make sure its not the BSA volumetric one as its poo

HTH

farrow Guest
    Selling my S10 MK2 carbine Bull Barrel if you're interested , selling to fund a shotty. £375 it is on the for sale forum.

Cheers

Hello Dave,

The HW 100 is an excellent pice of kit with many features but the thing I like most about it is that you can't load two pellets into it by accident.
    There is a clever lockout in the mechanisim that stops the magazine from indexing until its been fired, that is once you load it you can work the lever again but you wont load another pellet until you've pulled the trigger.

Also this means that if your hunting and its been a while between shots if your in doubt as to whether the rifle is loaded you can just work the cocking lever again to check, or check whether the safety catch will operate, as this will not move until the rifle is loaded.
    It all adds up to a very safe rifle thats also realy accurate, has a good silencer and an optional single shot magazine [ideal for HFT]

Its true that its a bit heavy but not so much you cant live with it and the spec far outweighs this small niggle, compared to other brands in this class its excellent.
    If it was my money i'd buy it without question.
    I bought one when they first came out and were only available in .22 and had a poor silencer but now they have adressed these issues and i can see me buying one in .177 in the next few months.

Regards RH.
    Last edited by Rockhopper; 12-05-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    http://rivington-riflemen.org/

Damm that pesky Oryctolagus cuniculus!!

Arrow

Dave welcome to the bbs. You have one of the best spring rifles in the HW77K. My advice would be to get back into using and enjoying it! You will find lots of choice in the pcp world. Your choice, as with everything, will clearly depend upon how much you are able to spend. Bear in mind when deciding that you will need charging kit and I would strongly recommend a 12 litre 300bar cylinder. You may consider a hand pump but the main problem is not just the effort required but the difficulty of trapping moisture to prevent it getting into-and ruining-the gun's air reservoir. Finally, buying 'mint used' on this bbs is the best way of getting quality kit at much better prices.
    Good luck with your choice.