Thread: new member.can't decide first pcp

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rusham
    Welcome to the nuthouse.

The HW100 is a heavy bit of kit, but very nice I would admit. The best bit of advice I can give is to go along to your local rifle club or shop and try a few different rifles out for yourself, and see which you like the best. The local club will have loads of memebers who will be more than willing to let you try their rifles.

Have you had a look at the AA410, Falcon Prairie, Daystate, etc etc etc. So many to choose from and so little time

P.S. The new fangled PCP thingys need a charging system, so don't forget to allow for a decent pump or bottle in the buying price.
    thanks for the welcome mate, not worried about the weight but whether theres any probs with it,as its their first foray in pcp.have to look on google for nearest club.cheers,dave
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Paul Hudson Guest
    No need to look on Google

UKAHFT club page

BFTA club-finder page

And hello from me

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    No need to look on Google

UKAHFT club page

BFTA club-finder page

And hello from me

Paul.
    thanks paul i'll have a butchers in a mo when i've finished replying on here. i'm a bit slow its all new to me this computer lark ps what is a bump & how do you do it, pardon my ignorance
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

As was said before, you will need a charging system. If you want to use a pump be aware that not all airguns can be charged from empty using a pump and some, like the theobens loose their warranty if a pump is used.
    This was the main reason I have the PCP's that I have.
    As far as I am aware all PCP's can be topped up using a pump.

Most importantly you have to try a few rifles for size and fit.

Rob
    FWB 65/100/P8X, Diana LP6/8/10, Weihrauch HW30/45/40, Tau-7, S&W79G, Hammerli Master, FAS604, Skan Mini M32, SLR98, TX200HC

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius
    As was said before, you will need a charging system. If you want to use a pump be aware that not all airguns can be charged from empty using a pump and some, like the theobens loose their warranty if a pump is used.
    This was the main reason I have the PCP's that I have.
    As far as I am aware all PCP's can be topped up using a pump.

Most importantly you have to try a few rifles for size and fit.

Rob
    hi rob i'm definitely going the way of the bottle[not george best version]probably go halves with a mate who's also buying his first pcp or try & get one off here ,saw one earlier but already gone u have to be quick by the looks of it.thanks,dave.
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Quote Originally Posted by raging taxi
    thanks for the welcome mate, not worried about the weight but whether theres any probs with it,as its their first foray in pcp.have to look on google for nearest club.cheers,dave

give us a try mate(meon)--great little friendly club with a 33 yard indoor range and a beautifull valley in east mean to shoot outside--you will be very welcome----open hft shoot coming up on 4th of june-regards wrigles