Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new member.can't decide first pcp

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    No need to look on Google

UKAHFT club page

BFTA club-finder page

And hello from me

Paul.
    thanks paul i'll have a butchers in a mo when i've finished replying on here. i'm a bit slow its all new to me this computer lark ps what is a bump & how do you do it, pardon my ignorance
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Asterixxx
    Why not go for a btassed AA-S400 or a btassed theoben ?
    theobens seem a bit pricier i know u get what u pay for ,dont know much about AA cheers asterixxx
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Quote Originally Posted by raging taxi
    cheers slacker i'm enjoying myself again at one with gun
    No problemo. The X2 and the HW I know very little about but if I can help with anything S10 related just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush
    Hello Dave.RAPID

Andy.
    rapid is that cryptic or a gun mate?
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker24seven
    No problemo. The X2 and the HW I know very little about but if I can help with anything S10 related just ask.
    how many shots in 177 would i get roughly and how effective is the bull barrell moderator/shroud as i want a really quiet gun and ive heard the hw100 is cheers slacker ps my first rifle was a vulcan circa 1983 fond memories
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Airbrush Guest
    rapid is that cryptic or a gun mate?
    Sorry, Rapids are the range of pcp rifles made by Theoben eg Mfr, Mk11.Your right they are expensive,but if you get a good second hand one,the common consensus here is they are one of the best hunting rifles available.
    I'm obviously biased I have a Mfr.

Andy.

According to my manual its 160ish for the rifle 100ish for the carbine. I get 170 ish in .22. The bull barrell isnt as quiet as a proper moderator as its designed for the american market where external moderators are illegal IIRC so it has to be self contained. As the shooter you're concious of it but you can hardly hear it at all from a few yards away anyway. A standard barell version with a proper silencer is quieter just make sure its not the BSA volumetric one as its poo

HTH

farrow Guest
    Selling my S10 MK2 carbine Bull Barrel if you're interested , selling to fund a shotty. £375 it is on the for sale forum.

Cheers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrush
    Sorry, Rapids are the range of pcp rifles made by Theoben eg Mfr, Mk11.Your right they are expensive,but if you get a good second hand one,the common consensus here is they are one of the best hunting rifles available.
    I'm obviously biased I have a Mfr.

Andy.
    cheers andy have a look. why are they so good for hunting without u having to go into to much detail say as a hw100
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

rabbit worrier Guest
    Evening and welcome

your nearest HFT club is West Meon - meet wednesday nights and sunday all day

I live in southampton and go there most wednesday nights - good selection of rifles available to try out

If you want a lift (its not easy to find!) i go most wednesdays, leave about 7, back about 10

aaron

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit worrier
    Evening and welcome

your nearest HFT club is West Meon - meet wednesday nights and sunday all day

I live in southampton and go there most wednesday nights - good selection of rifles available to try out

If you want a lift (its not easy to find!) i go most wednesdays, leave about 7, back about 10

aaron
    hello aaron might take u up on that,only problem is i work weird hours i never know if i've got an evening free untill the day in question if u dont mind i'll try & contact u nearer the time if thars ok with u cheers,dave. ps where in so'ton are u i worked all around while landscaper on council
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

As was said before, you will need a charging system. If you want to use a pump be aware that not all airguns can be charged from empty using a pump and some, like the theobens loose their warranty if a pump is used.
    This was the main reason I have the PCP's that I have.
    As far as I am aware all PCP's can be topped up using a pump.

Most importantly you have to try a few rifles for size and fit.

Rob
    FWB 65/100/P8X, Diana LP6/8/10, Weihrauch HW30/45/40, Tau-7, S&W79G, Hammerli Master, FAS604, Skan Mini M32, SLR98, TX200HC

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius
    As was said before, you will need a charging system. If you want to use a pump be aware that not all airguns can be charged from empty using a pump and some, like the theobens loose their warranty if a pump is used.
    This was the main reason I have the PCP's that I have.
    As far as I am aware all PCP's can be topped up using a pump.

Most importantly you have to try a few rifles for size and fit.

Rob
    hi rob i'm definitely going the way of the bottle[not george best version]probably go halves with a mate who's also buying his first pcp or try & get one off here ,saw one earlier but already gone u have to be quick by the looks of it.thanks,dave.
    BEWARE OF THE BEARDS

Airbrush Guest
    cheers andy have a look. why are they so good for hunting without u having to go into to much detail say as a hw100
    I've never shot a hw100,but people really rate them,I personally think they are too heavy & I don't like the look of them

The Rapids are really well made rifles,but you need to see what fits you,as already mentioned.All I can add is it would take something really special to make me sell my Mfr.

Good luck.

Andy.

rabbit worrier Guest
    no problem - mobile is 07990 805044 - give us a bell if you want a lift next wednesday

http://www.btinternet.com/~necromantica/

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/MVAC

from memory, the map on the first site is better, but its still well hidden!

aaron