Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new member.can't decide first pcp

Hello Dave,

The HW 100 is an excellent pice of kit with many features but the thing I like most about it is that you can't load two pellets into it by accident.
    There is a clever lockout in the mechanisim that stops the magazine from indexing until its been fired, that is once you load it you can work the lever again but you wont load another pellet until you've pulled the trigger.

Also this means that if your hunting and its been a while between shots if your in doubt as to whether the rifle is loaded you can just work the cocking lever again to check, or check whether the safety catch will operate, as this will not move until the rifle is loaded.
    It all adds up to a very safe rifle thats also realy accurate, has a good silencer and an optional single shot magazine [ideal for HFT]

Its true that its a bit heavy but not so much you cant live with it and the spec far outweighs this small niggle, compared to other brands in this class its excellent.
    If it was my money i'd buy it without question.
    I bought one when they first came out and were only available in .22 and had a poor silencer but now they have adressed these issues and i can see me buying one in .177 in the next few months.

Regards RH.
    Last edited by Rockhopper; 12-05-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    http://rivington-riflemen.org/

Damm that pesky Oryctolagus cuniculus!!

Arrow

Dave welcome to the bbs. You have one of the best spring rifles in the HW77K. My advice would be to get back into using and enjoying it! You will find lots of choice in the pcp world. Your choice, as with everything, will clearly depend upon how much you are able to spend. Bear in mind when deciding that you will need charging kit and I would strongly recommend a 12 litre 300bar cylinder. You may consider a hand pump but the main problem is not just the effort required but the difficulty of trapping moisture to prevent it getting into-and ruining-the gun's air reservoir. Finally, buying 'mint used' on this bbs is the best way of getting quality kit at much better prices.
    Good luck with your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by raging taxi
    thanks for the welcome mate, not worried about the weight but whether theres any probs with it,as its their first foray in pcp.have to look on google for nearest club.cheers,dave

give us a try mate(meon)--great little friendly club with a 33 yard indoor range and a beautifull valley in east mean to shoot outside--you will be very welcome----open hft shoot coming up on 4th of june-regards wrigles

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit worrier
    no problem - mobile is 07990 805044 - give us a bell if you want a lift next wednesday

You might worry rabbits, but aren't you worried about weirdos ringing you?
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

welcome Dave, have you had a look at the Falcon range? I have shot them all my airgunning life and imho nothing comes close-affordable, bombproof and deadly accurate and reliable
    >Weihrauch HW100TK .177 c/w Hawke SF Varmint 3-12x44 Scope
    >Weihrauch HW97k .177 c/w Hawke Vantage 3-9x50 IR Scope