Thread: General advice from JDP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

need a little help

hi i am just starting out shooting and have just bought a crosman 2250 and have started moding it and want to know what is a decent scope to put on it can any one help me.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost1990 View Post
    hi i am just starting out shooting and have just bought a crosman 2250 and have started moding it and want to know what is a decent scope to put on it can any one help me.
    Probably a good idea to get a steel or aluminium breech to keep a scope steady on the Ratcatcher. Then...well I have a JSR 3-9x40 on mine- cheap but a good scope...mind you it almost doubles the weight of the gun!! Ratcatchers are not long range guns in the scheme of things, so a huge scope isn't really needed. depends on what you are going to use it for?

i have already ordered a steel breech for the ratty cheers.
    my mate has said to get a bsa ultra are they any good and do you no how much roughly it will cost for a second hand 1 in good condition

Quote Originally Posted by ghost1990 View Post
    i have already ordered a steel breech for the ratty cheers.
    my mate has said to get a bsa ultra are they any good and do you no how much roughly it will cost for a second hand 1 in good condition
    Think you are best asking this in the Main Airgun section of the BBS-sorry don't know Ultras at all!

ok no worries cheers anyway

useful post thanks

help finding a club near dartford/gravesend

hi im new to the forum and interested in joining a club,hopefully a local one
    if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated
    thanks

gordon

Yet again another really useful thread for a newbie. I would say if you go for a private deal write down what you want to know before you meet other wise you will forget. Also if your not sure DONT but it regardless of how far you have travelled to meet. If you can get hold of one take a chrono to check power output for both your piece of minds. Also where possible always shoot it before buying.

Logun mk 2

Hi guys I recently purchased a logun mk 2 whilst out shooting I let it run a little to low and as I released a shot it sounded as if it dumped all it's air , when refilling it back at home it doesn't seem to be holding any air , it just seems to be rushing out of the end of the barrel and out of the bolt housing , I was just wondering have the seals gone or am I refilling it wrong , any advice would be great .