Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley Tempest .177 cal.

Quote Originally Posted by hellequin View Post
    Is this the same vulcanator as on reviewcentre? If so hello!

Have to say I loved the Webley Tempest and wish I'd not sold mine, though I suppose I could say that about lots of things!
    Anyway, good review.

p.s. I think the debate about the SA80 on reviewcentre finally ran out of steam... phew!

Paul
    It is indeed, good to hear from you. Likewise on the SA80 debate, if The Farmer discovers this website, God help us!
    Webley Vulcan .22, Webley Tempest .177, Beeman Kodiak .25, Beeman R9 .177, Weihrauch HW30 .177, Slavia 618 .177, Colt Commander .45ACP, Browning Hi-Power 9mm, Bushmaster AR-15 5.56/.223

The Webley Tempest in .22 was my first pistol. I bought it new over twenty years ago for £65. The only complaint I had was the right handed grips. As a left hander I had to learn how to shoot it right handed using my left eye to aim. I can only shoot a pistol right handed now as the tecnique is stamped into my brain. Great guns though and the build quality is excellent.
    The only fault was the mainspring, which after a couple of years weakened to the point where the pellet would drop to the ground 10 metres away. Sold it to a friend for a tenner and missed it ever since.
    I have a used Hurricane on the way sometime soon, so I should be able to compare the reality of shooting it now, to my memories of shooting it as a younster.

Paul
    Paul

Interesting reviews.
    If certain things are prone to go and are only
    cheap to replace,e.g link spring,breech seal,or even a mainspring
    (ok might be overdoing it )
    it would be good to have these included in the box,so as to
    save chasing around for them later on.
    kev.