Thread: bsa ultra

zooankski Guest

bsa ultra

A club member has now got a bsa ultra for his son to use-problem is the cocking effort involved is a bit too much for the lad-any ideas if the effort could be reduced?? and don't say ask his dad to do it

bennyblanco Guest
    one way is to lengthen the cocking button so it sticks out just past the barrel and so the rifle can be pushed against the ground/a tree.
    get Mark Andrews to do a bodge

Quote Originally Posted by bennyblanco
    one way is to lengthen the cocking button so it sticks out just past the barrel and so the rifle can be pushed against the ground/a tree.
    How would that work?
    He'd have to get some major length on the cocking button to get it out past the cylinder, barrel, moderator (assuming he's using one) and still further to allow for it to be depressed in this way.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

bennyblanco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    How would that work?
    He'd have to get some major length on the cocking button to get it out past the cylinder, barrel, moderator (assuming he's using one) and still further to allow for it to be depressed in this way.

none of the above are reasons that it couldn't work, i'm not saying that it wouldn't look stupid though

none of the above are reasons that it couldn't work, i'm not saying that it wouldn't look stupid though
    Fair one.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.

excellent work bingo some people call me a bodger but you are a whole league above really glad you have got it working as i thought it would be impossible with x3 mag.
    now you just need a propper illuminator as that torch must make it feel a little imbalanced, keep up the good work buddy.

Nuff said

Darren Petts Guest
    And the first time they try to cock it with their fingers they have their digits far too close to and infront of the muzzle I'd never give such a gun to a junior without a silencer or similar to remove the business end from the cocking action somewhat.

if he has the money its worth taking a visit or calling john bowkett...he fettled mine and it came back beautiful....the art of it is maybe to try is cocking it whilst shouldered.... pull the cocking knob in and pushing the stock gently with your shoulder.....lessons the cocking effort and may work for the littlle fella
    Springer fanatic