Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Raider

Webley Raider

high i was just wondering if anyone have the webley raider and is it any good i dont see much about them on here .cheers.[john]

I had a Venom Viper, basically the same gun and it's a well built bit of kit.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    I'm still getting used to mine (only got it very recently), but love it!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

My brother as one imo its a good first pcp nice workmanship all round but that said it seems a bit front heavy to me (could be the 8" silencer he as on it) i've put a few rounds though it myself and most say i enjoyed it got a nice grouping out at 30m well with in the 45mm (1.5") "kill zone" i'd give it a good 9/10

Terry
    calix meus inebrains. transfer calicem istem a me. ego enim eram pincerna regis

I work nights, away from home...
    please bear this in mind when waiting for replies to any post or PM or emails

I've had a .22 Raider 2 (the 2 shot version) for a bit over a year now and can't really fault it. The blueing's about the best I've seen on anything and the action is very smooth and reliable.

Like others on here, I have noticed more "twang" from the hammer spring than is usual on other PCP's - but it's inaudible a few feet away, certainly nothing to spook quarry.

JSR have got some Raider 10 shots going for silly prices at the moment....

cottage in the gower in wales or in bartley green
    webleys are well made , a bit front heavy and have a dreadful trigger , if you can cope with the trigger great but if you try a logun daystate or airarms trigger it makes the webley look crap

LagomorphHunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cr*pshot
    I've had a .22 Raider 2 (the 2 shot version) for a bit over a year now and can't really fault it. The blueing's about the best I've seen on anything and the action is very smooth and reliable.

Like others on here, I have noticed more "twang" from the hammer spring than is usual on other PCP's - but it's inaudible a few feet away, certainly nothing to spook quarry.

JSR have got some Raider 10 shots going for silly prices at the moment....
    I had the two shot, great rifle, but loud, hammer twang plus a fart sound with the silencer. Poor resale price, I sold mine, with scope for £200, and did well to get that. Most will buy the AAS200 instead (like me).

However, if you can pick one up cheap, they are great.

ive got a raider single shot.22,its my first p.c.p after owning a lightning xl and it only cost me £219 from j.s.r,i use accupell pellets which i find very effective on rabbit and pigeon,at first i used bsa elite but i found them to be very innacurate.ive had no problems with the gun at all

Raiders are highly underrated IMHO. They are accurate, good build quality but they are let down by the built in silencer (on the 10 shot only). Having bought an AAS410k (after hearing everyone here bang on about them) I've discovered that I find the raider more aesthetically pleasing, nicer to shoot and better balanced (in my hands at least). It all comes down to personal preference though.

It might be best if you can try one to see how it "fits" before parting with your cash or even try a variety of rifles. For the price of a new Raider you can get other good guns like Falcon, Air Arms in good condition second hand.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I've had a Raider twin-shot and loved it but for some reason sold it ( ) ... Missed it loads, so have now bought the twin-shot Raider's refined brother: the Venom Viper in .22 which gives me exactly 98 shots from a 190 bar fill at 11.2 ft lb before power drops off.

I have also added a Venom screw-in shroud adapter to give my Viper's already silenced bull-barrel a 1/2" male threaded end so as to take an additional Logun silencer . IMO this has made my Viper one of the quietest p.c.p.'s around .

In fact, so taken am I with the Raider range from webley that I'm after a good to very good condition beech (coz they will be cheaper) single-shot .22 Raider (with filler probe) for my Dad, so If you have one to sell, please p-m me. ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Raiders are pretty good in my opinion, they;re a rebranded fxairguns action like the logun dominator/gladiator/vindicator/axsor and rws scimitar/cutlass. If you need any better praise for the quality of FX's workmanship then consider this. Ben Taylor uses the FX Cyclone as the start point for his BTAS Cyclone! I have the Venom viper which has the integral silencer and with a logun silencer on top it's nearly silent too. Quieter than Mk3 or anything else i've seen except the btas cyclone!

SouthernHunterHFT.co.uk
    You know it makes sense.

kind of depends where you are coming from, if you use like guns for a grand youll define it as a starter pcp, but if you were using an SMK b2 your gunna think its fantazmargorical!

Kit2 Guest
    My first PCP was a Webley Raider 2. I really enjoyed learning to shoot with it. Bagged my first rabbit ever with the Raider. Moved on now but remember the raider with affection.

Kit

Red face

As you can see below I have a Webley Raider 2 shot in .22 and an Air Arms S410 in .177. They are very different rifles but if I had to make a choice it would be the Raider. Thats not to knock the 410 though - its a fantastic gun, very accurate, smooth action and quiet, but (there always is one!) the Raider oozes quality compared to the 410 (apart from the trigger action, as said before).

Why do I say that? The Raider is much better finished off - the barrel is threaded for a silencer (410 not), virtually all the metal work is very well blued (410 not) the stock is very well finished (whereas one of the guys at the club asked me if the (thumb hole) stock on my 410 was plastic - cheeky g*t!)

the 410 is considerably lighter than the Raider though - and this is good or bad depending on the shooters preference. I find the heavier raider more stable when aiming but the 410 obviously easier to maintain on target for long periods as its lighter.

All in all two different guns with own different qualities - so I'm not a lot of help really.

The Raider would make an excellent choice for cheap way into PCPs. and I won't be selling mine (famous last words).

Now, if you want a proper gun get an Airsporter - cue debate......
    Buckle
    Proud member of The YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Z1 Owners Club GB Wanted: Nothing at present!

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckle
    Now, if you want a proper gun get an Airsporter - cue debate......
    Nooo - get both! Or, in my case, lots of Airsporters and a Raider!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com