Great report.

I was after one of these when they first came out - basically the mere existence of a l/h bull-pup, let alone semi-auto was enough for me - but it took so long for any stock to come in that I cancelled my order and bought something else instead.

When I did eventually get to handle one I was glad I hadn't bought one, for same the reasons you outline - it was immediately apparent that the trigger was apalling and that the scope mount was barely on speaking terms with the barrel.

Now that it sounds like there are fixes for both these weaknesses, maybe I'll give one a go. You mention in your report that the scope-rail fix is from Centra UK but you don't say where you got the trigger linkage done - Was this a one-off custom job or is/was there a production run?

Sorry about all the questions, but finally, where did you get the adapter for the moderator - presumably you didn't buy Walther's, which IIRC was seriously expensive?

Regarding "Walther", I'm afraid that these days it's just a brand for Umarex, who, IMHO, have more in common with Mattel than they have with Mauser (i.e. they're toymakers, not gunmakers), and badging the G22 as a Walther was a bit like calling the Quad a Sako.