Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW97k Whats your opinion of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysd2
    but what about after tuning....... which performs better then? the AA or the HW? and out of interest why does the AA shoot better out the box?
    The AA springers are built with delrin bearings, which the piston runs in. This is the first thing HW tuners do. If an HW is given the full tuning treatment, it may be a bit better than a TX, but then you can work on the TX, better top hat and spring guide..... etc.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Does the V-mach/Venom kit solve the problem of grease coming forward from behind the piston?
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Rhysd2 is offline "Oi gotta brand new combine 'arvester" (hic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    The AA springers are built with delrin bearings, which the piston runs in. This is the first thing HW tuners do. If an HW is given the full tuning treatment, it may be a bit better than a TX, but then you can work on the TX, better top hat and spring guide..... etc.

Gus
    so your saying a fully tuned tx200 against a fully tuned hw97k the tx would be better?
    Rhys

Zider be the stuff for I that is why you'll hear me cry, Wurzels for government!

Theres not much in it, they're both fine guns, it comes down to personal preference in the end, balance, stock fit, etc. I just prefer the TX..!

Gus

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Just to stir things up, the TX200 shoots better out of the box.

Gus
    Sorry close but no cigar!!(Besides I prefer to shoot my HW77&97k out of my hand) I thought in the past the Tx200 was more accurate out of the box until HW's were tweeked, not any more.Recently I tried two HW97's straight out of the box, both were grouping at 35yds small 5-6mm groups. On the strength of that I bought one myself took it down to Dave Lillies shoot and put in 6mm groups at 45yds, eventually it was knocking out the pellets one on one.They are a bit raw but will tune themselves very nicely thank you very much. Best buy you can get. Tuned they are smoother, can't get much more accurate. Herx77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    I dont think Wierauch make a bad gun to be honest.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77
    Sorry close but no cigar!!(Besides I prefer to shoot my HW77&97k out of my hand) I thought in the past the Tx200 was more accurate out of the box until HW's were tweeked, not any more.Recently I tried two HW97's straight out of the box, both were grouping at 35yds small 5-6mm groups. On the strength of that I bought one myself took it down to Dave Lillies shoot and put in 6mm groups at 45yds, eventually it was knocking out the pellets one on one.They are a bit raw but will tune themselves very nicely thank you very much. Best buy you can get. Tuned they are smoother, can't get much more accurate. Herx77
    One is no more accurate than the other, IMO, the TX is smoother and easier to cock, less recoil, and less twang, (or "less raw,") but, as I said, they're both excellent guns, and it comes down to personal choice.

Gus

But the tx is so lazy, there's that horrible spring graunch as it grabs the trigger, its got a clock work bear trap the sounds like its being wound up, the trigger needs some serious polishing before getting anywhere close to the rekord, the blueing is suspect, and I own one
    On a more serious note, I have changed the spring, am halfway through removing the blueing, and have polished the trigger sears to a mirror finish, and IMO it still doesn't attain the quality feel of an HW of which I own 2.
    I think the TX's are great guns, but too copy a Lazaglide for the price of a standard HW97 there's got to be something not right, or HW would just Laza all their rifles at the factory.
    If I could have only one rifle it would be a 97...

Jay

i had a fully tuned tx, i no longer do but i still have my 97k, guess which one won.
    the voices made me do it, they tell me things, and they are talking now:eek:

Theres not much in it, they're both fine guns, it comes down to personal preference in the end, balance, stock fit, etc. I just prefer the TX..!

Gus
    ditto....and the tx is lighter .....

someones gonna say tuned prosport in a mo.....nice gun but hate that cocking arm
    'The person who sais it cannot be done should not interupt the person doing it' _ old chinese proverb

also like to say that the aa cd trigger is good but the weihrauch rekord trigger unit is much better

You do not need delrin buttons on the 77/97 i have buttoned mine and found that a good rear guide and seal sizing centres the piston well enough anyway, you don't get any moly smear on a tuned 77/97 piston. I have kept my compression tube buttoned but that is to stop any play(minimum to begin with) AA intended to compete directly for HW customers and infer there product made the HW obselete ie CD/Rekord Even though the TX is more efficient thanks to a central transfer port it still needs sorting to compete with a properly tuned HW, thats why you can get AA's ultraglided.

Whats your opinions of these

Quote Originally Posted by Rhysd2 View Post
    Does anyone here own one of these or has had the chance to shoot one? Been looking it over and was curious as to how it shoots and whether its especially heavy. Listed as 8.75lbs on JSR so was wondering if it takes a bit of getting used to. though i imagine it probably cuts down on the recoil.

Was also wondering how it compares to say the hw80(k) or the 95(k)
    weight is one factor , revently i tried a few pellets in my tuned 97k . Indoors the rifle was a shortened pistoned 97 .i tried air arms 8.4 they fared badly . The weight was fine but they were very slack . NOT GOOD if your doing lamp work and the odd one flicks out when loading . It happened several times ..but wise to the ways of loose pellet behaviour . Stopped a few dry fires ,, no 2 the still brilliant crosman premier 7.9 brilliant fir and performance up to ridiculous powers .. beware a dry fire takes a while for your gun to get over .has to be re run in . Can split your pistonseal crack your spring .. choose a pellet that fits positively