Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: feed back forum

Cool feed back forum

hi folks, It seems that we have i or 2 fraudulent sellers on our site. Would it be possible to set up a feed back section on the site?, so that we can all make an informed decision as to whom we want to deal with. Im sure that all us geniune people would be better off as it would enhance our profile.

This has been discussed regularly on here, there are legal issues as well as who would run the feedback system and intervene in disputes.

You might have noticed that more people are posting details of successful transactions, and thanking the other party for the item, so an informal system is already in place.

I find the pub test useful.
    If I were sat in my local pub, and a guy I did not know tried to do the same deal, would I take it?
    If the answer is no, then walk away.

Considering the number of sales on here, fraud is a tiny percentage of total sales. The car park at a UKAHFT shoot looks like a car boot on occasion!

If you are unsure about a persons rep, then maybe PM or email a moderator.

Richard
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

perry190 Guest
    you also often find that when advertising something for sale of relative high cost. other members who have dealt with the seller or know them will post offering 'references' so to speak.

I think generally every thing is covered unless people are willing to send a substantial amount of money to a relatively unknown seller, then really they takes their chances so to speak, this of course wouldnt change with a feedback system because new sellers wouldnt have any feedback.

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    I think I mentioned this in a previous thread, but it seems to me that the problem sellers are usually those with very few posts. Therefore, a minimum number of posts before being allowed to sell on the forum, 100 or 200 perhaps.

Bring back the greenies for the sales section at least perhaps.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by rusham
    I think I mentioned this in a previous thread, but it seems to me that the problem sellers are usually those with very few posts. Therefore, a minimum number of posts before being allowed to sell on the forum, 100 or 200 perhaps.

Bring back the greenies for the sales section at least perhaps.
    I would agree with with the idea of having a certain number of posts or maybe even a minimum time period from join date, as many peoples first post is in the sale section. I think the 'greenies' system would still be open to missuse unless they are given out by a moderator - but they already have enough to do.

I dont think number of posts should have anything to do with it at all.

There's tools on here you can use to check some history. Look at the threads the person's started and the comments/contirbutions they have made.

Do a bit of digging.

Develop a feel for the people on here, visit regularly, contribute yourself....

If you've done a deal with someone who's selling, post a note in their thread not necessarily saying they are brilliant just that you did a deal with them you were pleased with and it went ok etc etc. Maybe?
    Your work is both good and original. Unfortunately where it is good it is not original, and where it is original it is not good.

well i've sold a fair few rifles and scopes on here and only once have i had the buyer(that was that very nice chap called fossil!) say thanks even tho i have said thanks to every buyer i dealt with.

i believe in credit where its due

!!missed!! Guest
    100 - 120 posts isn't very fair ! .....I'm new to the forum(s), have bought without issue three guns, one compete with bottles, lamps, charging 'bit's etc. Am about to consolidate & will be selling one, possibly two guns. Seems pointless to expect me to run up 100+ 'inane' posts, which arguably I could manage in a day , just to be able to list an item ? If you're not happy with the deal, stick to face to face ? I bought my first two guns 'face to face' & focused on local opportunities....am trusting a well known 'name' for the third, which is probably in the post as we speak.
    I think if folks take sensible precautions & use an effective level of cover & signed for delivery service, most deals should be ok......just don't go buying any Hens Teeth or Unicorn Horn's
    It is a shame that some form of 'accreditation' can't be maintained, but most of the deals which seem to have caused 'flares' recently involved people with loads of good feeback, & peoiple prepared to defend their good name, who may have overstretched themsleves & a less than perfect postal system.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo_beans
    I dont think number of posts should have anything to do with it at all.

There's tools on here you can use to check some history. Look at the threads the person's started and the comments/contirbutions they have made.

Do a bit of digging.

Develop a feel for the people on here, visit regularly, contribute yourself....

If you've done a deal with someone who's selling, post a note in their thread not necessarily saying they are brilliant just that you did a deal with them you were pleased with and it went ok etc etc. Maybe?

Bingo, i think you have missed the point, some of these people have very few posts and therefore no history to check. If you were to send £500 or so to a user with less than 10 posts and joined a week ago, for a gun that turns out to be ficticious, you would be calling for other measures to be implimented too. Thankfully there are very few bad deals on here as more people are aware of being ripped off, but there are absolutely hundreds of good deals that go on.

Caveat Emptor
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr
    Caveat Emptor
    very very true steyr

Quote Originally Posted by jinx
    Bingo, i think you have missed the point, some of these people have very few posts and therefore no history to check. If you were to send £500 or so to a user with less than 10 posts and joined a week ago, for a gun that turns out to be ficticious, you would be calling for other measures to be implimented too. Thankfully there are very few bad deals on here as more people are aware of being ripped off, but there are absolutely hundreds of good deals that go on.
    What point did I miss?

(I must have missed it! )
    Your work is both good and original. Unfortunately where it is good it is not original, and where it is original it is not good.

I think that when we see a member posting an ad and we have dealt with him/ her before we should bump them as a good person to deal with, I know it already happens but maybe a few more of us could take this on board..

If I see a member that I have met a few times or bought stuff off of them I am going to bump them up from now on, much safer you think...?
    BSA R10 .22..... Gunpower Stealth .22..... Crosman Nightstalker .177

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3161/dsc00250fq1.jpg

Well we will all want to sell something or buy something for the first time at some time.

If someone is setting out to be fraudulent then there is very little you can do on this forum even if you apply min numbers of postings etc. If someone really wants to get there hands on an airwolf and nightforce combo, then other than face to face and checking goods against cash, their is little one can do.

My recent deal took a little longer - a lot of dosh was involved and we were both a little nervous and other considerations were having an effect on how to proceed. I spoke to a few people whom opinions I trust so I decided to take the plunge.

All went well (Gunner12) and I forgot to do a proper thank you and acknowledgement. Very prompt despatch and next day delivery. Goods as described and he even added a pair of mounts which turned out to be spot on for the job.

A minimum number of post is flawed in that with intent, a false picture could easily be painted.

I am nit sure what the true answer is especially for a newbie who may be a honest as the day is long. You can only do what is reasonable at the time to satisfy yourself - doing searches, speaking to people, finding out what club/s they belong to etc.

It does boil down to Caveat Emptor at the end of the day so you have to embrace this principle if it goes tits up.

That and speak to Bones and a few mates maybe
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by bingo_beans
    What point did I miss?

(I must have missed it! )