Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This in Order?

Is This in Order?

I'd appreciate your opinions on this: A guy, (sniper-wolf), was selling a Bushnell Elite 6-24x40, for £250. Yesterday at 8:40 p.m, I offered him the full asking price of £250, confirming this with a post in the advert thread, I was also looking to collect the scope, in person, as I work close by.

Sniper-wolf mailed me at 10:15 p.m. yesterday with, "call me in the morning and we can arrange something." Called him at 9:30 this morning, but was told, "I've sold it, it's gone, sorry." - He was certainly polite, but I thought I'd bought it?

Now I'm a relative newcomer to The BBS, I know many of you are on first name terms. What I'd like to ask, is, was sniper-wolf in order selling the scope, after my offer of full asking price, and his following acknowledgement?

Kingplinker Guest
    Lets see what he says first , there are two sides and all that

sorry to hear you missed out on a deal though .

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    It is down to the seller and just like selling a house, the buyer can get gazzumped by someone with a better offer. There are no rules concerning this in the sticky at the top of the section.

Personally, if I were selling an item and I recieved an offer and agreed to that offer, then I would deem the item as sold, even if I were to get a higher price later. But not everyone takes that view.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

ianps Guest
    Kinda agree with Rusham a price agreed is a done deal. However as stated earlier, spose its not fair to comment untill the other party has defended himself.
    Ian

Ideot Savant Guest
    I agreed to sell my webley tracker because I thought I'd be unemployed real soon, as it turned out I've a few more months so didnt have to sell it, but I did anyway even though I didnt want to because I said I would.

(I should be posting it thursday troubledshooter )

Too much coffeeeeeee......fnaf...ttt...
    Last edited by Ideot Savant; 23-05-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Gary C Guest
    If he has agreed to sell to you and then sells to somebody else I think Baz may have a quiet word...

Having said that you may find he had already had an offer

Speak to Davestate or Bones on here, they may well be able to sort you out.
    Cracking scope by the way, sniper-wolf's one was bought from me.

Quote Originally Posted by wadoka
    as it turned out I've a few more months so didnt have to sell it, but I did anyway even thought I didnt want to because I said I would.

That looks like a sketch. "Yeah, but no, but".

Ideot Savant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel
    That looks like a sketch. "Yeah, but no, but".
    Oh yeah, does doesnt it...shutup! I I never even not sead nothing or nothing, and if sadie say's otherwise shes a filthy...

Really appreciate the input, fella's, and certainly not looking to cause trouble! Suppose what's pivotal, is what time sniper-wolf received another offer. He bumped it, (in another thread), at 8:00 p.m. I offered him full asking price at 8:40 p.m, and by 10:15 p.m, sniper -wolf didn't mention to me he'd an offer above asking price, or any other offer, in his private msg to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arai
    I'd appreciate your opinions on this: A guy, (sniper-wolf), was selling a Bushnell Elite 6-24x40, for £250. Yesterday at 8:40 p.m, I offered him the full asking price of £250, confirming this with a post in the advert thread, I was also looking to collect the scope, in person, as I work close by.

Sniper-wolf mailed me at 10:15 p.m. yesterday with, "call me in the morning and we can arrange something." Called him at 9:30 this morning, but was told, "I've sold it, it's gone, sorry." - He was certainly polite, but I thought I'd bought it?

Now I'm a relative newcomer to The BBS, I know many of you are on first name terms. What I'd like to ask, is, was sniper-wolf in order selling the scope, after my offer of full asking price, and his following acknowledgement?
    Hi Glenn sorry to hear you have had problems this sort of thing shouldn't happen a deal struck should be honoured i hope sniper wolf can explain things to your and many others satisfaction or i can't see him selling much else as most people do a search before they buy
    Regards Kev
    That was what i aimed for stupid

sniper is a good guy, if you really want a bushnell 4200 i may be selling mine, pm me if you are interested. I have had many dealings with sniper-wolf and no problems
    Click below for my super guns!!

My Rifles

the other week i agreed to buy a air tank from a member on here he agreed to reserve it for me and posted it was reserved next day i get pm saying he's sold it to someone else does this happen a lot??????????

Explanation

Right here goes.
    Firstly, the Bushnell is the only scope I have at the moment, and I am shooting the Anglo's this weekend.
    I have ordered a Leupold Competiton series from Bones but there is no sign of that as yet.
    I had an e-mail off a very good friend on Sunday night (he knew I was thinking of selling the scope if and when the Leupold turned up) and said he might be interested in it. As I am going to use it at the Anglo's, it seems, at the moment that the scope won't be sold until at least Sunday. I am very sorry if I have upset anyone, and this was definately not my intention. If my mate at the Anglo's passes on it, you can have it. This scope is a New one which was purchased off Stuart Walter in a PX deal for a Leupold MK4. The one I swapped with Andy Scouser was sold ages ago. There seems to be a lot of people claiming it was their scope, it has only ever been Stuarts, and then mine. Appologies again if I have offended anyone. I have not had a better offer for the scope, and will agree to sell it for the £250. If Arai is upset over this I will put my friend at the Anglo's off and will sell the scope to him on Monday when I get back from the Anglo's, can't say fairer than that. Stuart will you let me know if Arai has bought one off you before Friday.
    Last edited by sniper-wolf; 23-05-2006 at 05:51 PM.

i sold a 7 shot rapid mag recently posted it before i recieved the money its all about trust