View Poll Results: I was curious to know how manying people who had to get a FAC after the ban now have

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 44.83%
  • No

9 31.03%
  • Considering

4 13.79%
  • Undecided

3 10.34%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brococks

Brococks

I was curious to know how manying people who had to get a FAC after the ban now have got live firearms or Shotgun who did not have them before?

the FAC needed for a Brocock won't allow you to get a live firearm

Quote Originally Posted by minibbb
    the FAC needed for a Brocock won't allow you to get a live firearm
    I know that but once you've got a FAC how many people than went on to get variations to pocess other firearms like I did by joining rifle clubs etc etc?

just because someone has an fac to own a brocock it doesn't mean they will get a live firearm!

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    just curiouse but why have you got more than YES and NO? CONCIDERING and UNDECIDED dot have any relevance in this any more.

ROB
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

I thought this was a no brainer. You got a FAC in your sweaty little hand and you think what else can I get now I've done the hard bit and got a FAC. So you might contact the NRA and the NSRA and find some local clubs after all you know you can get an FAC 'cause you've got one and I say again "you've done the hard bit". So I ask again now you've got a FAC how people have got or are thinking of get a variation to their FAC and joining a rifle club and getting a live firearm, it's not difficult.
    Last edited by moonraker; 24-05-2006 at 04:40 PM.

brococks

FAC rated firearms a tad over kill for back garden plinking,will stick with my air & Co2 guns.

sorry didnt read your post only gave the reply after reading the poll question.

ROB
    (\__/)

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by roblade
    CONCIDERING and UNDECIDED dot have any relevance in this any more.

ROB
    BUT about 80% are still unaccounted for IIRC.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    BUT about 80% are still unaccounted for IIRC.
    can well belive it, last year we had a guy turn up at the club asking to join, i say no problem have you got a rifle? "yes!" says he great i think leqast he can do a bit of shooting "brocock safari" says he with a proud grin My jaw drops and i says follow me to a hut where we can chat. I explained to him that they had become illegal to own outside of a FAC and that he should contact his local RFD ASAP, he phoned the RFD as soon as he got home and the RFD came out had a chat but long and short was he lost the rifle, the tacs, the scope, the bag, the charger, no compensation, he was more worried about the fact that he was breaking the law. This is probably one of the best club members there is, anyone needss a hand hes willing to help, and he certainly is not the type to do something illegal.

I think the only peolpe who actually know about the abn are those who are forum members or are part of a club, back yard plinkers wont know anything about the ban as they were classed as "SELF CONTAINED GAS CARTRIDGE SYSTEM" the key word being gas, no one called them SCGC's they were TAC's or BAC's (Tandem Air Cartridges or Brocock Air Cartridges) personaly if i didnt know better i would have thought that what had been banned were Co2 rifles/pistols.

ROB
    (\__/)

I think the Considering and Undecided refer to the original question as now you have your FAC are you 1) considering getting a variation or 2) undecided on whether to get one, which seem pretty similar.

If I understand the legislation you now cannot get an FAC for a Brocock type pistol.

ATB
    Ray.

corb.177 Guest
    I took mine to the cop shop as I could not afford the license at the time.
    They were very kind took all my details and then said "thankyou, we'll get this destroyed for you"

Quote Originally Posted by razor500
    FAC rated firearms a tad over kill for back garden plinking,will stick with my air & Co2 guns.
    Agreed, but its not unknown - I found this footage of an American chap plinking away in his back yard quite happily! Certainly adds a new dimension to the great calibre debate!

PS In case anyone's wondering whether his backstop was up to the job, he was using the next best thing to a lump of rolled up carpet the Arizona desert
    Last edited by RAGNAR BENSON; 23-05-2006 at 09:09 PM.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by COTTON BLASTER
    Agreed, but its not unknown - I found this footage of an American chap plinking away in his back yard quite happily! Certainly adds a new dimension to the great calibre debate!
    I would love to be his neighbour.!!
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Raygun
    I think the Considering and Undecided refer to the original question as now you have your FAC are you 1) considering getting a variation or 2) undecided on whether to get one, which seem pretty similar.

If I understand the legislation you now cannot get an FAC for a Brocock type pistol.

ATB
    Ray.
    I was asking about people about live firearms not about brococks and i know considering and undecided are similar but I couldn't think off anything else.