Thread: Diamond Geezer

Diamond Geezer

Just want to say a BIG thankyou to Bones for getting me the Leupold.

Thanks mate you're a DIAMOND GEEZER.

Neil.

whats it like

whats it like

whats it like

whats it like

?

First impressions.

Give us chance! Only had it this morning. Been out in the garden with it and, what can I say, it's a Leupold. Superb optics, excellent rangefinding. The model I have had is a 45/45 Competition series.

Only fitted it with a 3inch wheel at the moment, but this is big enough cause the gaps are so big between the ranges. I will be fitting a slightly bigger one soon, when I get the insert made for it. The crosshair is very fine, but I like that cause there is nothing to obstruct the sight picture.
    Can only manage to get 11yds minimum focus, would have liked it to come down to around 8yds, but hey, I can live with that. Should be getting the bigger wheel on Friday morning (having a day off work to put it through it's paces proper) so I am going over to the club and spend some quality time with it. Then the ultimate test will come on Sunday at the GP at Emley. Recommended one to anyone.

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Sniper, don't bother with a bigger wheel, 3 inch is plenty for a 45. Also the bearing is plastic so you don't want a lot of leverage on it.
    Get a Loop close up lens and you will be able to parrallax down to 6.5 yards.You now have the best range finding scope that money can buy.You can have a look at mine at Emley.

sorry...too keen...

sounds cool!

did you go for dot and x hair or just x hair?

did it need reparalaxing or does it come down to 11 out of the box?

Quote Originally Posted by luddite
    Sniper, don't bother with a bigger wheel, 3 inch is plenty for a 45. Also the bearing is plastic so you don't want a lot of leverage on it.
    Get a Loop close up lens and you will be able to parrallax down to 6.5 yards.You now have the best range finding scope that money can buy.You can have a look at mine at Emley.
    Thanks for that Ken. I have a choice of 2 more wheels, a 4inch one and a 4 and 1/2 inch one (the one I had off you on Saturday) I am thinking of getting a close up lens Ken, any Idea of the best place to get it. Will have a look at yours at Emley on Sunday, see you there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rfarn
    sorry...too keen...

sounds cool!

did you go for dot and x hair or just x hair?

did it need reparalaxing or does it come down to 11 out of the box?
    Went for just the cross hair in the end, not sure if bones re-parallaxed it or not, if not then it comes down to 11yds out of the box. Are you and Ritchie going to Emley?.

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Got mine from the Sportsman Gun Centre 01803558142 I think it was £40-£50 .It's called a 50 foot adapter.
    I might use 007 if it's fine and forecast is looking good.