Thread: Leeds area clubs - begging letter

Too close to the north-east for comfort (Northalle

Leeds area clubs - begging letter

guess it's time to kneel down, cap in hand and plead for assistance from the generous souls on the forum.
    i'd really like to join a club in the leeds area. however, i don't have a car and none of them are really accessable by public transport. (don't fancy sitting on a late night bus with a gunslip either.)
    if there is anyone out there who is a member of a local club and passes my way on their journey, any chance of a lift if you've got spare places in the car?
    i'm in Armley, fairly near the Gyratory (big complicated roundabout near Readmans) so if anyone goes along Stanningley Road/Tong Road or along the ring road and past the Gyratory on the way out to the motorways????
    i don't mind chipping in with the petrol.
    one slight complication is the wife is working away at the moment so i'd have an annoying 10 yr old with me at times. maybe if he gets his hands on a gun he might learn some self discipline!!

thanks

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Try the club at Morley, they might have some storage facilities for rifles. Just off Victoria Road/ Elland Road. the 51, 52, 53 buses go right past.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    How far is Guisely from you? I'd guess that it wouldn't be too much of a drama to get there on public transport if some kind soul doesn't take pity on you.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes
    How far is Guisely from you? I'd guess that it wouldn't be too much of a drama to get there on public transport if some kind soul doesn't take pity on you.
    Boku PM me a phone/mobile no/address and I will ask the guys at Guiseley if anyone lives near you.

Hi Boku I live in Morley and go to Guiseley so you're almost on the route (ring road).

Only thing is we often stay at the in-laws in Cookridge on a weekend so those times I won't be going past Armley.

I can't make it to the club this Sunday though.
    Last edited by Adam77K; 01-06-2006 at 10:49 AM.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

theres another club at horsforth, its not that far from you & i`m sure you could enquire about a lift aswell

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by mr boom
    theres another club at horsforth, its not that far from you & i`m sure you could enquire about a lift aswell
    This is mainly an indoor club with very limited outdoor facilities.