Thread: S10 Bipod ?

alowen Guest

S10 Bipod ?

Hello all, just wondering, is it possible to screw in a Q stud onto the s10 mk3 stock for my bipod ? Or is the risk of damaging the bottle system great?

Thanks

al

twocore Guest
    pm sent ,.....Bren

not sure about the 3's stock but i mounted one on the foreend on my mk1 without any problems. just take off the stock when you put the swivel on and shoten the bolt if needed

Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

alowen Guest
    Thanks chaps, i would still like to hear from or see any S10 ones though, if there are any out there.

Thanks

Al

Did both my MK III and MK II S10s.

You need to come back about 2.3 inches from the front. If you have some calipers then use them to check the thickness of wood. You will see it is thicker here than at the very front.

Obviously remove the mechanism from the stock first!

And use a small pilot hole and a piece of tape/stopper on the drill bit at the right depth.

And take it slowly.......

Cornish Hunter Guest
    You can buy a clamp that goes on the bottle. Sam on the other forum sells them for £35 plus P&P.

alowen Guest
    Finally got it squared today, see pics. A careful bit of drilling and and hey presto my s10 has its bipod. Limited forgrip room though.

Al[ATTACH] 002.jpg[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Al - I have 3 Super Tens with MKIII Stocks...

Quote Originally Posted by alowen
    Hello all, just wondering, is it possible to screw in a Q stud onto the s10 mk3 stock for my bipod ? Or is the risk of damaging the bottle system great?

Thanks

al
    2 of them have Uncle Mikes Sling Studs screwed into the forestock and buttstock...just make sure you remove the action before drilling into the wood...

I'm flying out of Hawaii this morning, vacation, and will be in California tonight...I can photo the stocks with sling stud placement for you and post tonight/tomorrow...

Regards,

Tony

Finally got it squared today, see pics. A careful bit of drilling and and hey presto my s10 has its bipod. Limited forgrip room though.
    Well done that man.

I guess the hangover wore off?

But your buddy bottle has grown moss on it!

(I replied to your PM before I read this post)