Thread: PCP fill up guide

PCP fill up guide

Ok chaps about to buy my first pcp and a 3 litre bottle, (bottle comes with a din fitting)

Im likely to get an s400,

How do i fill it guys,

Im assuming, i need to fit the adapter that comes with the gun needs tobe put on the hose first, with a spanner?

Then what,

do i cock the gun? how far do i fill it too?? how far do i open the bottle valve? whats the bleed valve??

Lee
    AA S400 .177/Hw95K .22/BSA Lightning .22/QB78 .22/2 x BSA Meteor .22/BSA Cadet .177/ SMK B2 .22 and .177/Slavia 625 .177/Baikal IJ38 .177/Diana Model 25 .22/Diana Model 1 .177

Arrow

The instructions that come with the rifle will make it completely clear.

SNAKEBITE is offline Somebody must love me.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick
    The instructions that come with the rifle will make it completely clear.
    But being men read those AFTER it has all gone horribly wrong.
    I AM NOT RACIST, I HAVE A COLOURED TELLY

You connect the filler adapter to your hose,. Yes, you will need to use a spanner or even put it in a vice.

Make sure the bleed valve is shut and after ensuring that it is clean, connect the filling adaptor to your gun (I have read that if the gun *s400* is completely empty of air you will need to cock it, different guns have different methods, read the manual).

Open the valve on the bottle a little (slowly) and let it fill up the gun very slowly. Watch the gauge on the bottle and not the gauge on the gun. It'll state in the user manual what bar to fill it to.

When the gun is filled to the desired pressure, open the bleed valve (again slowly) to vent the air in the hose and disconnect the filling adapter from the gun.

Have I missed anything?

Quote Originally Posted by punchdave (aka Steve)
    You connect the filler adapter to your hose,. Yes, you will need to use a spanner or even put it in a vice.

Make sure the bleed valve is shut and after ensuring that it is clean, connect the filling adaptor to your gun (I have read that if the gun *s400* is completely empty of air you will need to cock it, different guns have different methods, read the manual).

Open the valve on the bottle a little (slowly) and let it fill up the gun very slowly. Watch the gauge on the bottle and not the gauge on the gun. It'll state in the user manual what bar to fill it to.

When the gun is filled to the desired pressure,
    turn off the valve, then

open the bleed valve (again slowly) to vent the air in the hose and disconnect the filling adapter from the gun.

Have I missed anything?
    Yes, you missed turn off main valve on tank!
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by sphexx
    turn off the valve, then

Yes, you missed turn off main valve on tank!
    I knew there was something (Though that one's a bit of a gimmie isn't it )

Edit: I have to go I think i've left the bath running

Lakenheath - at the end of the USAF fighter runway

Red face Horribly Wrong???

Quote Originally Posted by punchdave (aka Steve)

When the gun is filled to the desired pressure, open the bleed valve (again slowly) to vent the air in the hose and disconnect the filling adapter from the gun.

Have I missed anything?
    What happens when the S4*0 is filled to 300 BAR? anyone tried it - and dammaged the gun - or split the resevior ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot4Toffee
    What happens when the S4*0 is filled to 300 BAR? anyone tried it - and dammaged the gun - or split the resevior ?
    Hmm dangerous experiment with a £400 + pcp, no, suffice to say I haven't tried it.

There is always someone gonna do it, even by accident, Guess they are keeping quiet?
    .22 HW97, GML & Std .22 S410s', Firebird X-Press (both barrels), .22 Superten. Ancient Tempest, Hurricane, R77, 1377, 2240 (now 24"), 2250, 2 x S&W 586 4"6"8", C40, PPK.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    There is always someone gonna do it, even by accident, Guess they are keeping quiet?
    There is a blow off valve that will go long before you get 300bar.
    Master Debater

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    There is a blow off valve that will go long before you get 300bar.
    Thanks Murphy. The same on the BSA Firebird, but that is set to ensure the power curve is at optimum. I only have to wait 11 more days before my 300 BAR bottle returns. I'll read the AA online manual before then.
    Cheers, Tom.
    .22 HW97, GML & Std .22 S410s', Firebird X-Press (both barrels), .22 Superten. Ancient Tempest, Hurricane, R77, 1377, 2240 (now 24"), 2250, 2 x S&W 586 4"6"8", C40, PPK.

it goes BANG

Exclamation

"Murphy" reccons there is a bleed(ing) valve that will vent before it goes *BANG* I'll have to read the online manual before my bottle comes back from testing .