Thread: Bushnell 4200 adjustments

Bushnell 4200 adjustments

I've just got a new Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40 and can't make out how the adjustments work.

The manual shows a 'bar' type adjuster which can be removed by removing two small screws with a jewellers' screwdriver and set to give a returnable zero. It also shows the calibrations as 1/4" per click (some are 1/8").

What I have is different. It has a (apparently non removable) drum with a knurled ring at the top and, intriguingly, another knurled ring on top of that, as seen here that doesn't want to turn on its own. The calibration size isn't given:

http://www.straightshooters.com/bush...1650turret.jpg

How does this system work?
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Hi,
    The small knurled knob on the top can be undone this enables you to remove the turret and reset to zero once you have set your zero.
    Hope that helps.
    JohnR

That little knurled knob didn't seem to want to turn and I was afraid to apply more force without knowing what was going on inside. It's not a left hand thread is it?
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

No, they are sometimes just tight when new.

Thanks guys!