Thread: 2 questions

whu4ever Guest

2 questions

sorry if this is basic stuff as im new to the sport.
    firstly,i left my rifle fully charged and did'nt get it out for about a month,when i did - no charge would the gun normally leak over this period.
    secondly, i have got a bsa hornet 10 shot from what i can gather i thought i only had to press the button on the front of the gun between shots,but i also have to disingauge the bolt inbeetween every shot,is this correct
    sorry if i have used the wrong names for bany of these parts
    thanks

Ideot Savant Guest
    A mates Hornet doesnt like being left for long periods, but on his it will charge and then dump air after several shots. Its okay so long as he uses it though.
    This may or may not help you

bolt action pcp's like the rapid and the superten etc cock and turn the magazine with a single stroke of the bolt. The hornet cocks with the front and loads with the bolt.

I think i'm correct in saying the hornet multishot uses the same mags as the superten, in which case you will need to cycle the bolt as its a rotary magazine.

(with the bolt forward and no magazine in you will see the part of the rifle that pushes the pellet into the breach AND fires the air through come forward. pull back the bolt and it will move backwards letting the magazine spin to the next slot as the pellet is no longer providing resistance.)

hope that helps and it made sense!

whu4ever Guest
    yes cheers