Thread: Air Arms S200 Beech

Air Arms S200 Beech

AIR ARMS S200 BEECH how much could i pick one of these up for second hand there only £240 new so im guessing its a good cheep pcp?

Ive seen a couple in the sales section recently around the £170 mark but ive seen them go for as little as £150
    hoplophobe

The best budget pcp money can buy in my opinion......The price's vary as people add bits & bobs e,t,c, To be fair i am a bit modest about em but they do hold there money very well. I Think you could expect to pay around £150 > £160 with no mods or extras, I'm sure others will agree, People usually work to a 60 % ish rule on ere but i think the s200 tops that....Hope this help's

so its a good little rifle then is it better than the BSA ultra that seems to be about the same?

I carnt really say because i've never owned one or fired one. But honestly the s200 is a great pcp ......

The Ultra will only give you 35 shots in .177, (the S200 will just get round a 40 shot target course, but the Ultra won't.) It has to be filled to 230bar, which makes pumping harder. We have a club bottle, which we only refill at 160bar, which is fine for the S200.The Ultra shooters are always moaning about this. Some juniors and ladies find the cocking mech a bit hard. The magazine version is slow to cycle. Lots of people like the Ultra, but I personally prefer the S200.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    The Ultra will only give you 35 shots in .177, (the S200 will just get round a 40 shot target course, but the Ultra won't.) It has to be filled to 230bar, which makes pumping harder. We have a club bottle, which we only refill at 160bar, which is fine for the S200.The Ultra shooters are always moaning about this. Some juniors and ladies find the cocking mech a bit hard. The magazine version is slow to cycle. Lots of people like the Ultra, but I personally prefer the S200.

Gus
    HERE HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post

Gus
    And with a bit of tuning you can get 5-10 extra shots out of an S200 (and they are quite easy to tune).

They're great little rifles and I regret selling mine (and that was in .22)

I've had both in .22
    Both great guns, its realy down to what suits you better, even though there is some pros and cons..
    The Ultra has a better trigger IMHO and the finish/build quality of it is re-assuringly solid.
    But as said, the S200 gets quite a few more shots.

Maybe its worth considering a BSA Scorpion?
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177

i have a springer and like it PCP i had a few shots of my mate hornet but to be honest there is no effort in shooting its just point click hit thats y i just want a cheep one for hunting as they are quite thats the main reason and cheep the scorpion is quite a bit dearer. (how much is an air reserver for this rifle it can be capt full separate from the rifle can it ? if so how much and is it worth having a spare for long hunting trips ?)
    Last edited by Daniel Emsley; 23-09-2006 at 04:36 PM.