Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 300bar bottle FSQ -New bottle

!!missed!! Guest

Another 300bar bottle FSQ -New bottle

Have just taken delivery of one of the JSR Webley & Scott 7l 300bar bottles, ordered via the net Wednesday evening, arrived yesterday a/m on the standard 'free' post ! so glad I did'nt pay the extra for the next day delivery !.... . The F S Q is, I expected some sort of 'certificate' with the new bottle, to present to the Dive Centre when I take it Monday to get it filled. There doesn't appear to be one, there is a stamp with a date 2005/12 & an impress alongside it. I know quite a few folks have taken advantage of this deal recently, so am hoping someone can confirm that I'm not going to have problems when it is presented to be (hopefully) filled. Tryed ringing JSR but they're on their hols for a few days.

The stamp will be the manufcaturing date. The bottle's first test runs from this date so you shouldn't need a certificate until the bottles first test date arrives
    Cheers
    Chris

SouthernHunterHFT.co.uk
    You know it makes sense.

!!missed!! Guest
    Chris, thanks for that....as I had hoped....but you just never know !

jabtas Guest
    I got one about three weeks ago, went to my local dive shop and got it filled no problem.
    Looking at the sTamp date, these bottles are about 6 months old and will need testing in about 18 months time

!!missed!! Guest
    Not sure that's correct ? it's an Air Gun valve....so a 5 year test as it's not set up for underwater use ?.....or at least that's how I understand it ? Either way....they've only got one left

jabtas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by !!missed!!
    Not sure that's correct ? it's an Air Gun valve....so a 5 year test as it's not set up for underwater use ?.....or at least that's how I understand it ? Either way....they've only got one left
    Yeah, I did query that in thne dive shop and he said he wasn't too sure about the "surface only" regs

But either way, I have at least 18 months of worry free use and then time for a test

I also brought one of those 300bar 7 ltr bottles the other week. When I took it to be filled the first time, my local dive center gladly filled it after the chap checked the date stamp on the bottle. It's good til DEC 2010, and it cost only £3.50 to fill.

BTW are how heavy are the 7l bottles to carry about? i was thinking of getting one....
    al

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by al
    BTW are how heavy are the 7l bottles to carry about? i was thinking of getting one....
    al
    Not that heavy but you wouldent want to go humping one over miles of fields out hunting ect!
    Last edited by R. P. McMurphy; 17-06-2006 at 09:39 PM.

thanks Dave...
    al

A Lad from my club bought a Brand New Bottle which was made in 2004/09 from a shop that shall remain nameless

Now 6 months from when a bottle is made is acceptable to me, but 20 months is taking the biscuit

Phil

Hi

a slight change of topic and im sorry to hijack the thread but.....

Can anyone tell me how many refills you get from 7l bottle? I realise that this is totally rifle dependant but i have a S410 and after 6 years of pumping the thing up by hand im thinking of getting a bottle.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

andrew
    Gunpower Stealth .22, .20, .177
    S400 Custom Shop .177

!!missed!! Guest
    If you have a look via a search there was an excellent thread on this in the week....it was good enough to inspire me to go for the 300 7l, for an AA s400K like mine which will be getting filled from around 100 to around 150 / 160 it was ....'a lot' !

that is a lot, i shouldve searched though...soz

thanks

andrew
    Gunpower Stealth .22, .20, .177
    S400 Custom Shop .177

!!missed!! Guest
    ...mmm....that's the bar, not the number of fills but it was still a lot !