Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: law on large calaber air rifles

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Quote Originally Posted by master_shriller
    Brocock were advertising these, I haven't heard anything about them, anybody got any info, calibres, prices availability etc?

Ben
    Same website
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

You should but a cattie and shoot 38 lead ball at 16fpe

The Air Arms S410 TDR looks very similar to that one, £575 from Target Sports in Bolton, and no FAC required.

http://www.targetsports.co.uk/produc...roducts_id=976

Chris
    Daystate Merlyn LE (number 22); AA S410; AA TX200; BSA Scorpion; HW40. Plus a couple of them there fowling pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by chris100575
    To answer your first question, the law on airguns doesn't restrict the calibre as far as I know. The limit is on the muzzle energy, which is 12 ft lbs for a rifle and 6 for a pistol. Anything higher than that, even a tiny bit, and you're in trouble without a FAC.
    IMO an air pistol generating over 6ft/lb would be a Section 5 (prohibited) weapon which would require the authority of the Home Secretary to own, in addition to an FAC. The good news is, once you're convinced the Home Secretary of your genuine reason for a 9mm air pistol, the police don't have the option of turning down your FAC application. Good luck mate! .
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Darren Petts Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nasha
    of its we is it you like to be in a gruop hay jonathan.

i dont understand the constant dick wad attitude on here !!
    this is an air gun forum is it not ?
    this is and air gun related topic?
    i am asking lagitamet questions am i not ?

so why all the bloody abuse ..

ok the 9mm is a bad idea but with so many members i thought maybe one or two might have experiance with the gun as there are people from other countrys on here ..

but the evanix is a nice looking gun that could im sure be restricted to a legal limit in the uk ..
    it looks good and is at a price that would make it viable as an option to import ..

ok maybe im not shooting a ripley ar at national level with a leopold scope blar blar but lets be honest who is ???

so please can you guys tone it down and actualy try to help a littel..
    all the best matt
    Help?
    Here's a tip - try typing in txt spk then no-one will notice your English. That's a poor effort by any standards.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    i dont understand the constant dick wad attitude on here !!
    I know i am getting a bit sick of it as well!!!

Dick wad
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I know i am getting a bit sick of it as well!!!

Dick wad

C'mon Dick you know you'll pull through.......
    "Infa-me! Infa-me! ,They've all got it Infa-me!"

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Quote Originally Posted by chris100575

The Drulov pistol, based on the figures quoted for the pellet weight and muzzle velocity should do about 5.78 ft lbs, so it would be legal in the UK. Basically energy = weight x velocity, so where energy is a fixed value (because of the law) the heavier the pellet the slower it has to move to stay under 6 ft lbs.

Assuming you can get the pistol over here, you're going to be going through a co2 powerlet overy twelve shots and they cost around 80p each. Plus have you checked if you can get the right pellets for it and how much they cost? Most airgun shops stock pellets in .177, .22 and some in .25, but I've *never* seen anything approaching 9mm.

Chris
    It uses 9MM lead balls !!! Three or four times the weight of a .22 pellet, maybe more??? At 6FPE it would just roll out the barrel and drop on your foot.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

I had a .32 Crosman 2240 "Carbine "

Good fun and ideal for close rats....trajectory like a rainbow though

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

nasha Guest
    thanks for the help if you offered any ! and ******** to any one that did not .
    my spelling is due to Dyslexia.
    so thanks for pointing that out and if we ever meet you can garrntee that i will point out your nose is bleeding .
    im glad this foprum is here just to keep you penises togeather and of other forums .

nasha has a point

Quote Originally Posted by master_shriller
    Brocock were advertising these, I haven't heard anything about them, anybody got any info, calibres, prices availability etc?

Ben
    Here's a copy of the reply to an e-mail that I sent to Brocock about the same gun.

Dear Simon,

The gun is the Hunting Master PCP revolving carbine. At present it is only available in 40+ ft/lb FAC form at a typical retail price of £480 ‘ish. A low powered version is planned fro later in the year. Watch this space!

Regards,

Geoff at Brocock Limited

im glad this foprum is here just to keep you penises togeather and of other forums
    If people who know what they're talking about tell you that something's unfeasible but you keep on whining like a 10 year old 'but I wannit to' then don't be suprised if some of those knowledgeable people get a bit tired of you.

People told you something you didn't want to hear and you acted like a spoilt child. Might I suggest a cooling off period and some thought before you post again.

I think a lot of us suspect that you wanting '9' is telling us something about you that makes us not really want you around.

Quote Originally Posted by boko
    nasha has a point
    No he doesn't...if you think he's been poorly treated then you know nothing at all about the way things work on here.

I'm no fan of gratuitous newbie bashing myself (just ask Gary C ) but when someone's bending over and screaming 'kick my @ss' I think it's rude to refuse. Up until this post he's been treated with relative kid gloves.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Yeah dick wad!!
    Master Debater

thanks for the help if you offered any ! and ******** to any one that did not .
    my spelling is due to Dyslexia.
    so thanks for pointing that out and if we ever meet you can garrntee that i will point out your nose is bleeding .
    im glad this foprum is here just to keep you penises togeather and of other forums .
    Don't slam the door on your way out, I wasn't sure about you. I am now.
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger