Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAC Rapid 7 ammo whats the best????

Question FAC Rapid 7 ammo whats the best????

Iam looking to get a fac mk1 rapid .22 could any of you lads tell me the best pellets for it,,, at the moment i use h+n ftt in my 12ftlb mk 1,would these be ok, or would i need a heavyer pellet to cope with the power increase one of me m8s has told me that bisley magnums are good .....cheers MCLEAN.

Gary C Guest
    Depends on power - sub 30 I'd go AA fields (JSB exact / Daystate FT) and try some of Bob Ruggles pellets via a trial pack

Over that power Bis Mags or Bobs heavier pellets

H+n f,t,t

Are the h+n field target trophys the same spec as the airarms field??????

Gary C Guest
    No as far as I know

Sam Guest
    Nope, ever so slightly different shape, and FTT's are lighter (14.66gr in .22 compared to AA Field @ 16gr).

HTH.

FTT's are like a shotgun in my MK2 FAC, the air arms are good but the bisley mags seem to group the best imho.
    Rab

have a bash with accupell

Arrow

Agree with Gary-the AA Fields are great in mine. Fly flat and are spot on. BisMags and Bob Ruggles' 18 grain pellets are fine as well but being heavier, 'droop' more. FTT's are too light for FAC power levels although they are very well made pellets.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Up to 30ftlb AAField 5.52 fly nice and flat with good accuracy.
    Over the 30's right up to 40ftlb the Bis Mag is top.
    The AA will go 925fps in the 30ftlb and if you can get the Bis Mag around the 900 fps(38ftlb) that will fly flat too.
    I have the rapid set at 34ftlb doing 850fps and found the rifle to be spot-on at that level with superb accuracy,but to be honest both pellets are just as good as each other but the bis mag is less prone to wind at longer distences where as the aa being lighter can be picked up by the wind alot quicker and also cant take big power as the bis mag,Happy Shooting.

both my rapids 30ftlbs and 40ftlbs use aa fields and very effective and accurate they are too? (bsa barrel)
    cheers KW

clubshot Guest

Arrow

For FAC Rapids my Exterminator 18.00's should serve most users

The Round will not burst and fly flatter and more accurate than most other rounds around it's weight

A couple of Shops do stock them
    But best deal is direct

email name & address for a Free trial pack & order form

bob@practicalshooting.org.uk

BOB/R

Question H+N...Barracuda match

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter
    Up to 30ftlb AAField 5.52 fly nice and flat with good accuracy.
    Over the 30's right up to 40ftlb the Bis Mag is top.
    The AA will go 925fps in the 30ftlb and if you can get the Bis Mag around the 900 fps(38ftlb) that will fly flat too.
    I have the rapid set at 34ftlb doing 850fps and found the rifle to be spot-on at that level with superb accuracy,but to be honest both pellets are just as good as each other but the bis mag is less prone to wind at longer distences where as the aa being lighter can be picked up by the wind alot quicker and also cant take big power as the bis mag,Happy Shooting.
    Are H+N barracuda match any good,and do bisley pest control work at this pressure i've used them before in 12ftlb but iam not sure how they may work in a high powered set up..cheers MCLEAN.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by MCLEAN
    Are H+N barracuda match any good,and do bisley pest control work at this pressure i've used them before in 12ftlb but iam not sure how they may work in a high powered set up..cheers MCLEAN.

H+N barracuda's are the same as bis mags apart of the weight Barra is 21gr and the bis is 21.4 gr,both superb pellet in fac format,I prefer the bis mag first its easy to get hold of and second I feel it just has an edge on the barra in terms of tight groups but nothing to shout about.
    Bis pest-control is good for close range when shooting rats with a sub 12ftlb,high power not very good after 30yds if your lucky,nothing the bis mag cant do thats why I stick with them. .

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70
    have a bash with accupell
    or try premiers

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter
    H+N barracuda's are the same as bis mags apart of the weight Barra is 21gr and the bis is 21.4 gr,both superb pellet in fac format,I prefer the bis mag first its easy to get hold of and second I feel it just has an edge on the barra in terms of tight groups but nothing to shout about.
    Bis pest-control is good for close range when shooting rats with a sub 12ftlb,high power not very good after 30yds if your lucky,nothing the bis mag cant do thats why I stick with them. .
    Absolutely right as always. It is worth trying the Bob Ruggles' 18 grain Exterminators in FAC rifles too. Being heavier than Fields but lighter than BisMags they certainly have a place on the list of suitable pellets but only for rifles operating above 30 ft lb. At power levels below 30 ft lb there is no real advantage over the cheaper and freely available AA Fields.