Thread: Cometa 300 Nickle With U.k.niel Moderator

Thumbs up Cometa 300 Nickle With U.k.niel Moderator

As in the title I am a proud owner of a COMETA 300 NICKLE, and shortly after getting it decided I would like a moderator for it.

I approached U.K.NIEL and after a deal was struck and payment was winged off, soon after received what could only be described as a top quality bit of kit!

A highly polished aluminum moderator that not only matches my rifle but does exactly what it says on the tin.
    So I would just like to say cheers Niel and drinks are on me if you are ever in my neck of the woods.

I finally had a chance to try it out over the weekend and was very impressed, It may not seem much to some of you guys with very posh expensive rifles but I shot one bunny and his mate sitting not 5 feet away didn't even run off, just looked round to see where his mate had gone. Just wish the cometa was a repeater.

The only downside is now I have to buy a longer gun case as the rifle length is 130cm, oh and its a bit heavy. No good for my granny but its o.k, I've got big arms!

Well thanks for reading my ravings and thanks again Niel, would love to show you guys a picture but don't know how to attach one. I'm sure someone will let me know.

Can anyone tell me if there is any other modifications worth doing to the cometa 300? the trigger perhaps? would love to know what other people have done.

I've now got a pcp on the way but will always keep the cometa handy, I think its worth keeping a springer handy as a backup and just enjoy using it. A lot of fun for a small amount, Its a shame all things in life aren't so.

!NERTIA
    My guns

Every one has there favourites, Mine? Daystate

"Still shaking the tree boss"

alan 114 Guest

cometa 300

I have a cometa 300 aswell, just the standard one and fitted a webley pro-system silencer to it. I know what you mean about the length. ideally i would like to have the barrel shortened and threaded but not sure if its worth my while as i am saving for a hw77. The spring broke twice in mine the first after 6months and the next one fitted by a gunsmith lasted just 3 ( looked suspiciously like a OX spring ). Finally fitted a new one myself and have been trouble free for a good while at 10.7ft/lb.I also have fitted sling swivels for ease of carrying when out in the feild. I didnt find the trigger all that comfy to use but found that the brass trigger shoe from B.A.R really helped by increasing the area that your finger can rest on. Does anybody know if any of the V-mach kist would fit this rifle or even if i could purchase a gas ram that would fit.

Alan

i have a pro system silencer that uk neil modified to fit his own baffles to and its much better than the standard pro system.

the extra weight helps reduce the muzzle flip.

if you have a pro system silencer,get neil to modify it.....vast improvement on the standard ps

alan 114 Guest

Gas ram

Im not very keen on the weight of the silencer at the end of the barrel as its already quite long so i find it harder to aim. DOes anybody know if any of the Gas rams that are available would fit this gun as i would like 2 have a go at them.

Alan

It is a bit heavy but you soon get used to it, and helps dampen the kick-back. The only other fault I found with mine is that the scope travels, I have fitted an arrestor block but in hindsight should have go a one piece mount.
    !NERTIA
    My guns

i was lookin a 300n but it was too big so i got the 300-s the carbine one factory silencer and a hell of a lot shorter find it good to use what is this and how do u fit one ? fitted sling swivels

have you got a pic of your gun with the brass trigger on it i would like to see what it looks like on as i find my trigger a big rubbish and do u find its very stiff maybe time will lossen it i also want to no abouut gas rams i would like one in ma cometa but can u have one if not im thinkin of the HW80 or fenmen as ma next gun sound good gas rams
    Last edited by Daniel Emsley; 20-06-2006 at 03:12 PM.

alan 114 Guest
    Sling swivels are the components that must be fitted so that a carry strap(sling) can be attached. One piece screws into the butt of the stock and the other is a band fitting that goes around the barrel.

The trigger out of the box originaly was very stiff and i must say very wobbly, but i took the advice of another bbs member and fitted another washer into the trigger unit to elimate this. If you are finding it to stiff you could maybe try giving it an oil.

No pictures as of yet but will take and add some soon if anyones interested.

stripped the whole gun today and applied plenty of Lt2 grease as was very very dry inside. Gun is now very smooth and much more pleasurable to shoot.

i have not got a clue when it come to a strip down could get the stock off thats about it after that im useless and is puttin screws in the stock a good idea or can it cause cracks and split wood ?

alan 114 Guest
    shouldnt be a problem as long as the right size pilot hole has been drilled before you screw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by alan 114
    shouldnt be a problem as long as the right size pilot hole has been drilled before you screw it in.
    thanks a lot mate

mmm

I used to have a cometa 300 camo and was great but the trigger let it down.
    I would still have it now if it were not for the retched trigger.
    Having said that I now know enough about guns that I would probably make my own.
    Do they still use a blade which is made of 3 laminated pieces of metal?

Is it hard to remove the trigger Assembly to fit spacer washers? Is anything under load or may be tricky to put back together?
    !NERTIA
    My guns

trigger

Cannot remember how to dismantle it but did manage to as I filed a little off the edge to cut down the travel before it fired, but unfortunately it was still crap. Too heavy

alan 114 Guest
    i never bothered taking the trigger unit 2 bits i just pulled the pin that goes through the trigger out a bit and pushed a washer in until it was in the correct position then pushed the pin back in.