Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

The building site, hopelessly congested Krakow of the Midlands...Banbury
    Hi Lawrence, and welcome to the site. I see from your profile that you shoot in your garden. There are a large number of members here, some hunt, others don't, some also plink in their gardens.
    If you don't like posts on hunting, don't read them. I'd recommend that you think before producing ill thought through posts again, it only winds up some members and shows your ignorance of wildlife in the uk.

To see the full list of pests that landowners/farmers have an obligation to manage (and why) see the defra site, it is definitive.

BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests. You will find those on improving shooting and how to get the most out of the tools legally allowed (sub 12ftlb air rifle).

muttley

Mad Mark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzabagshaw
    I joined this forum not long ago, thought it would be good.

You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits.
    It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?

I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something.

It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it.

I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising
    ARE YOU FOR REAL MATE.CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT ON A SHOOTING FORUM.YOU BEST BE PREPARED FOR SOME ABUSE.BRACE YOURSELF LAD IT COMING

Quote Originally Posted by IND3P3ND3NT69
    as for me i always read the rabbit a little prayer when i look through the sniper scope brfore i pull the trigger. that's the best i can do. what needs to be done needs to be done.
    Over the lips,
    past the gums,
    look out tum,
    here it comes!

Or,

WE brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. 1 Tim. 6. 7. Job 1. 21.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

Scarecrow Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    well **** off you knobjockey
    Subtle and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by muttley
    Hi Lawrence, and welcome to the site. I see from your profile that you shoot in your garden. There are a large number of members here, some hunt, others don't, some also plink in their gardens.
    If you don't like posts on hunting, don't read them. I'd recommend that you think before producing ill thought through posts again, it only winds up some members and shows your ignorance of wildlife in the uk.

To see the full list of pests that landowners/farmers have an obligation to manage (and why) see the defra site, it is definitive.

BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests. You will find those on improving shooting and how to get the most out of the tools legally allowed (sub 12ftlb air rifle).

muttley
    Now THAT is a constructive and informative post, makes a change from ripping the **** without further ado.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

muttley
    Sorry muttley, whilst I don't want to add fuel to any `anti' fire, I must disagree with that statement, I do `enjoy' pest control, not the thought of killing but the preparation and skill of outwitting the quarry. Rabbits and Pigeons are well equipped to survive being hunted, they have very keen senses ( smell/eyesight ) and a surprising agility and turn of speed ( they also taste good ) I've been out on many occasions and come home empty handed , either because the quarry was too wary - or my stalking skills were below par

As has been said, pest control is a fundamental part of any farming and is beneficial to the countryside as a whole. It's all about balance.

Just my opinion ( and possibly that of many others )

Norm

The building site, hopelessly congested Krakow of the Midlands...Banbury
    AND thanks ! I do my best(sometimes)

Yep Norm, perhaps not clear, apols. I do enjoy the challenge, not the kill, but it has to be done. Only take what I know is going to eaten. "As has been said, pest control is a fundamental part of any farming and is beneficial to the countryside as a whole. It's all about balance" spot on.

BTW MAD MARK, YOUR POST REF SPONGER HAS GONE ! HOPE SORTED.

muttley
    Last edited by muttley; 21-06-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Arm bands
    Oh dear

Stick with the target shooting buddy, stick around here and filter out the hunting threads. There is so much information available on this forum, some of which I am sure you could supply, that it would be a shame to be put off by those of us who hunt and know why, even have first hand experience of the damage done when a species reaches pest proportions.
    If you don't know why we do it, you are obviously either naieve or plain stupid, I choose to think the former. However, we as a community will not criticise you for sticking with tin targets, please don't criticise hunters for doing what we do, especially as you seem unaware of our motives and drives.
    effing amazing sig youve got there mate
    daystate . harrier .x2. walnut - AGS SWAT 4-16x56
    hw35, hawke pro-stalk 4-14x50.

Mad Mark Guest
    AND thanks ! I do my best(sometimes)

Yep Norm, perhaps not clear, apols. I do enjoy the challenge, not the kill, but it has to be done. Only take what I know is going to eaten. "As has been said, pest control is a fundamental part of any farming and is beneficial to the countryside as a whole. It's all about balance" spot on.

BTW MAD MARK, YOUR POST REF SPONGER HAS GONE ! HOPE SORTED.

muttley
    FAR FROM SORTED MATE.BUT WIFE FELT YOU ARE ALL LEADING ME ASTRAY MORE LIKE PUTTING IDEAS IN MY HEAD WILL MAKE ANOTHER ONE SOON WITH A UPDATE MATE.MARK

Quote Originally Posted by mad mark
    FAR FROM SORTED MATE.BUT WIFE FELT YOU ARE ALL LEADING ME ASTRAY MORE LIKE PUTTING IDEAS IN MY HEAD WILL MAKE ANOTHER ONE SOON WITH A UPDATE MATE.MARK
    LEADING YOU ASTRAY MARK, IS THAT POSSIBLE?

RICH
    Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

HI All

Hi Laurence and welcome!
    You do have a point rabbits are cute and kind of nice in a way but! I guess before you were born, rabbit population's were so out of control that government decided to introduce Mixamotsis (I don’t know how you spell it) (man made) if you have ever seen this you will no how Terrible a thing this is!!! If you were a Rabbit and you had to choose I think you would go for the gun every time! If it's done well the lights go out Game Over! gota be better than day's week's of Mixie DEATH all I can say if you don’t like killing then don’t! You have the power to say you won’t.

Ps do you eat Meat Cows chickens pork lamb and so on if no ok but if you do! How is that kind? keep it like a pet feed it get it fat then KILL it(less fun than being freeeeee)Bounce bounce!!
    Last edited by Opticman; 22-06-2006 at 04:55 AM.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BURNED!!
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177

www.soton.ac.uk/ ~surfc/nob.jpg
    If you pass the
    English boarder illegally you get a job, a driving licence, housing
    benefit,healthcare?????????????????????any where else you go to prison

Quote Originally Posted by lazzabagshaw
    I joined this forum not long ago, thought it would be good.

You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits.
    It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?

I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something.

It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it.

I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising
    I understand your position, but don't agree with you.
    Rabbits are classed as vermin, and in so are required by law to have their numbers reduced.
    If we didn't shoot them, they would only be gassed out and have a cokingly horrible death.
    Rabbits were bought over here originally as a source of food which needed no management from man. A plug and play food source.

Their numbers, in some areas, are huge! They eat a good percentage of the crops grown for human consumption.

Take my golf course shoot for example. It's around 110 acres in all, but is surrounded by a 600 acre forest where the bunnies are allowed to roam free and only being controlled by foxes etc. But if they wander onto the golf course, I am likely to shoot them as they present a problem for the club.

Man has made such a little dent in their numbers, as we have with rats.

Pete.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

gary c is right,you don't come onto an airgun shooting forum slating a major part of airgun shooting....if you don't like reading about more little fluffy defenceless bunnies being shot then i'm sure we could find a few photo's of rabbits enduring a slow death by mixy or a death by gassing.a pellet through the head is far more humane and painless.

if you don't like reading about peoples hunting sessions then don't open the threads.