Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The building site, hopelessly congested Krakow of the Midlands...Banbury
    Hi Lawrence, and welcome to the site. I see from your profile that you shoot in your garden. There are a large number of members here, some hunt, others don't, some also plink in their gardens.
    If you don't like posts on hunting, don't read them. I'd recommend that you think before producing ill thought through posts again, it only winds up some members and shows your ignorance of wildlife in the uk.

To see the full list of pests that landowners/farmers have an obligation to manage (and why) see the defra site, it is definitive.

BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests. You will find those on improving shooting and how to get the most out of the tools legally allowed (sub 12ftlb air rifle).

muttley

Quote Originally Posted by muttley
    Hi Lawrence, and welcome to the site. I see from your profile that you shoot in your garden. There are a large number of members here, some hunt, others don't, some also plink in their gardens.
    If you don't like posts on hunting, don't read them. I'd recommend that you think before producing ill thought through posts again, it only winds up some members and shows your ignorance of wildlife in the uk.

To see the full list of pests that landowners/farmers have an obligation to manage (and why) see the defra site, it is definitive.

BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests. You will find those on improving shooting and how to get the most out of the tools legally allowed (sub 12ftlb air rifle).

muttley
    Now THAT is a constructive and informative post, makes a change from ripping the **** without further ado.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    AA S410, one gun, and I know how to use it.

muttley
    Sorry muttley, whilst I don't want to add fuel to any `anti' fire, I must disagree with that statement, I do `enjoy' pest control, not the thought of killing but the preparation and skill of outwitting the quarry. Rabbits and Pigeons are well equipped to survive being hunted, they have very keen senses ( smell/eyesight ) and a surprising agility and turn of speed ( they also taste good ) I've been out on many occasions and come home empty handed , either because the quarry was too wary - or my stalking skills were below par

As has been said, pest control is a fundamental part of any farming and is beneficial to the countryside as a whole. It's all about balance.

Just my opinion ( and possibly that of many others )

Norm

BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests.
    Are you kidding?!!!! There are loads of posts on here from people who actively enjoy controlling pests - hundreds of us. For the record, I'm one of them.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    well **** off you knobjockey
    well this time i have to agree with you gary.. i guess he's not a farmer

HI All

Hi Laurence and welcome!
    You do have a point rabbits are cute and kind of nice in a way but! I guess before you were born, rabbit population's were so out of control that government decided to introduce Mixamotsis (I don’t know how you spell it) (man made) if you have ever seen this you will no how Terrible a thing this is!!! If you were a Rabbit and you had to choose I think you would go for the gun every time! If it's done well the lights go out Game Over! gota be better than day's week's of Mixie DEATH all I can say if you don’t like killing then don’t! You have the power to say you won’t.

Ps do you eat Meat Cows chickens pork lamb and so on if no ok but if you do! How is that kind? keep it like a pet feed it get it fat then KILL it(less fun than being freeeeee)Bounce bounce!!
    Last edited by Opticman; 22-06-2006 at 04:55 AM.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BURNED!!
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177

I think you're being a bit hard on the rest of us knobjockeys, Gary, associating us with people like that !

Hi all

Without wishing to state the obvious, you will notice Mr Lazzabagshaw has not, as yet, replied to a single post to his thread.

I think that the word TROLL is in order!

What say ye?

Cam

Thats funny, I was thinking the very same thing

Scarecrow Guest
    Subtle and to the point.

alowen Guest
    LMAO, even better put that man.

I think Mr Cooper had it right.

This has got to be a wind-up, he/she only posted once on this whole thread, and has 4 post to their name, 4 pages later and its seem to have worked.

Better to Ignore or Ban the Merchant banker
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Ban please

Airbrush Guest
    As previously mentioned these posts make entertaining reading.Hats off to everyone who has tried to have a sensible discussion,wasting your time I reckon. I've said it before some people just like to take the bait & have a good argue.

Andy.