Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

bennyblanco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by langbaybart
    www.soton.ac.uk/ ~surfc/nob.jpg

could not have put it better myself

I feel sorry for the guy he totally missunderstands the facts of country life, the more pests we have the more you pay for your food even veggies need to eat and you don't have to look very hard to see the damage that rabbits,pigeons, crows,and rats to name a few do and as has been said in earlier post better to have a life of freedom and cleanly shot than a lifetime in captivity and the stress of slaughter. But enough of this rambling Gary C said it all in a few words(nice one)

Quote Originally Posted by jobert151
    I feel sorry for the guy he totally missunderstands the facts of country life, the more pests we have the more you pay for your food even veggies need to eat and you don't have to look very hard to see the damage that rabbits,pigeons, crows,and rats to name a few do and as has been said in earlier post better to have a life of freedom and cleanly shot than a lifetime in captivity and the stress of slaughter. But enough of this rambling Gary C said it all in a few words(nice one)
    very true,if a woodie gets into a farmers grain silo whatever grain is in it has to be destroyed and woodies do vast amounts of damage to crops each year.

pests/vermins natural predators i.e. birds of prey arent about so much then the duty of controlling the pest/vermin falls to us

Quote Originally Posted by lazzabagshaw
    I joined this forum not long ago, thought it would be good.

You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits.
    It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?

I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something.

It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it.

I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising
    I suggest you get yourself a copy of a 'Rabbit Control' You'll be enlightened for the princely sum of £8.57 (plus postage)

If you're not prepared to do a spot of research before forming and voicing an opinion then your opinion isn't worth much is it?

baxterbasics Guest
    Rabbits equal destructive vermin. Damaging nursery crops,agricultural land,railway embankments,equestrian land. As already stated,landowners are required by law to control this pest. I have no problem shooting ANY rabbit irrespective of age/sex/health-and i enjoy hunting,it satiates a deep primeval instinct,i have been hunting since i was 11 years old.
    Domestic rabbits are cute,cuddly bundles of fluff and i wouldn`t dream of hurting a "Hare" on their heads

Welcome home Gary "C" (P.S: i understand lawrence plays prop for his local rugby club and will be shooting round at shepreth with you on sunday )

"You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits."

The concept of innocence or guilt has absolutely no place in the natural world. This is solely a spin off of our supposed evolved intellect. Such anthropomorphism is pointless, and really has only come about to the degree we see today owing to the likes of Disney and other TV offerings.

When you watch nature in the raw do you suppose that a pride of Lions have any guilty feelings about killing an Impala, do you suppose that a Magpie offers an apology as it raids the nest of another bird?

Society today has become too conditioned to taking meat as something that comes in polystyrene trays from the supermarket, and being reminded of where it actually comes from causes upset - how ridiculous.

"It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?"

Have you ever tried approaching a wild rabbit?

Given their position at the bottom of a food chain, millions of years of evolution have provided them with an admirable set of early warning systems, it takes serious effort on the part of the hunter to outwit them. This may not be evident in terms of the postings you might see here, but that is the case nonetheless.

"I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something."

Humans are by nature a hunter species, there is a certain satisfaction in achieving a clean kill and then using the meat you harvest.

"It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it."

If you don't understand something then try learning a bit more about it before decrying it.

"I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising"

Well this a forum which is free to discuss all apsects of airguns, so examine the title of each thread and then be selective of those you read.

Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but you won't make many friends by attempting to judge or belittle others based on your own bias.

Welcome to the forum BTW, stick with it, it can be an informative place.

Dale

alowen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr
    Well if your not into hunting then no problem.

As for rabbits being innocent, afraid I cannot agree. Grey squirells look innocent but have been the main reason why our native red is almost at extintion levels.

They are offically a pest specises like rats - unless you think they are cuddly too

Woodpigeons eat tons of grain - the list of pest species goes on.

They also have a lot more going for them in terms of spotting those that choose or need to hunt them.

Eyesight, cammoflage, smell, hearing, vibration sensation......

and as most hunt with a legal limit rifle, that means getting close so it increases the odds of detection to thier advantage.

You can still enjoy the sport - there are plenty of clubs for plinking or competition.

But please dont confuse a necessity as a some sort of wanton blood lust.

Whatever you decide. I hope you enjoy your shooting
    Bloody well put that man.

alowen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    well **** off you knobjockey
    LMAO, even better put that man.

Quote Originally Posted by muttley
    BTW you won't find posts from members actively enjoying control of rabbits and other pests.
    Are you kidding?!!!! There are loads of posts on here from people who actively enjoy controlling pests - hundreds of us. For the record, I'm one of them.
    Good deals with: Baz, foxshooter, vbull, leadhead, Gary C/Slim Shady, coddy, rixy, David, Baldie, BoNeS, mjonho, Reeco.

4 words

Pest
    Control
    Free
    Meat
    AA S200T .177 / AA Silencer / Magazine / AGS Sapphire 3-9x40 mil dot
    AA TDR .22 / Carbine cylinder / custom woodwork / HW silencer / AGS Mini 3-9x40 mil dot

Nice to do business with : Snock; Frenchi; Glow

I can't believe your answering this troll.

*edited for an accidental quote.*
    Last edited by Big Mafoota; 22-06-2006 at 08:18 AM.
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.

I love it when threads like this get going

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill
    "You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits."

The concept of innocence or guilt has absolutely no place in the natural world. This is solely a spin off of our supposed evolved intellect. Such anthropomorphism is pointless, and really has only come about to the degree we see today owing to the likes of Disney and other TV offerings.

When you watch nature in the raw do you suppose that a pride of Lions have any guilty feelings about killing an Impala, do you suppose that a Magpie offers an apology as it raids the nest of another bird?

Society today has become too conditioned to taking meat as something that comes in polystyrene trays from the supermarket, and being reminded of where it actually comes from causes upset - how ridiculous.

"It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?"

Have you ever tried approaching a wild rabbit?

Given their position at the bottom of a food chain, millions of years of evolution have provided them with an admirable set of early warning systems, it takes serious effort on the part of the hunter to outwit them. This may not be evident in terms of the postings you might see here, but that is the case nonetheless.

"I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something."

Humans are by nature a hunter species, there is a certain satisfaction in achieving a clean kill and then using the meat you harvest.

"It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it."

If you don't understand something then try learning a bit more about it before decrying it.

"I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising"

Well this a forum which is free to discuss all apsects of airguns, so examine the title of each thread and then be selective of those you read.

Everyone is entitled to their point of view, but you won't make many friends by attempting to judge or belittle others based on your own bias.

Welcome to the forum BTW, stick with it, it can be an informative place.

Dale
    May I say this is one of the best responses so far.

Any man can come to a place in ignorance. If he chooses to leave uneducated then he is a fool. All men are ignorant - it is our ability to learn by your mistakes and by the actions and advice of others that changes you to being intelligent

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzabagshaw
    I joined this forum not long ago, thought it would be good.

You just seem to talk about killing innocent animals like Rabbits.
    It is hardly fair game to shoot a Rabbit that has no chance against you is it?

I just fail to see how that is good fun?

Unless I am missing something.

It just seems silly, grown man killing small rabbit.

Cant understand it.

I like shooting, but not talking about killing innocent rabbits etc..

Very dissapointing and surprising

Sorry mate, I have done a Google search for a forum which caters for you, but I just couldn't find a link for:

Ikkel fluffy bunny lovers from Bristol who love to play with pistols which look like a real firearm in their back garden and make them feel all butch, whilst eating their lentils with Alfalfa beans and dreaming of the perfect sales oppertunity and working from Sir Allen Sugar.

I will try again later if I get a moment.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

Mad Mark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rusham
    Sorry mate, I have done a Google search for a forum which caters for you, but I just couldn't find a link for:

Ikkel fluffy bunny lovers from Bristol who love to play with pistols which look like a real firearm in their back garden and make them feel all butch, whilst eating their lentils with Alfalfa beans and dreaming of the perfect sales oppertunity and working from Sir Allen Sugar.

I will try again later if I get a moment.
    DO THEY DO ONE FOR BALEA DANCERS MARK