Thread: To The Comepetetive Gentlemen

To The Comepetetive Gentlemen

As I see it the future of competition shooting lies in committed, humourless men using every technological, theoretical, psychological and indeed spiritual aid in pursuing the overall aim of 'beating the opposition'. Winning, like in any other area of life, is paramount and no one should pretend otherwise. We're not Polish are we?

Outside of this arena of brisk and serious competition between hardened MEN, be it under the sway of FT, HFT or indeed Sporting FT, there is plenty of room for people who merely want to have fun in a friendly way, knocking over catering-size cans of baked beans at five paces with ageing Hungarian underlevers. Everyone is different and enjoys different things.

For myself, I will content myself with my BSA Airsporter and the many pigeon and rabbits that I harvest, secure in the knowledge that I can clip the tip of a Swan Vesta at 30 yards so that it can light a pipe a moment afterwards. With open sights; but in good light of course.

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    There are only two thing you should be competing against, forget the super shooters(by deed or talk), its the course and yourself. Its a lot like golf you can never win only equal. Frustrating isn't it, but its got one hell of a hook. Enjoy your shooting with whatever you have, I'm sure those who have more hight tech pricey gear have the same frustrations and highs as you but not as cost effective eh. herx77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.