Thread: how does the hw 100 work

how does the hw 100 work

i have been looking at the canadian air gun forum with the blow up pics of the hw100 .for the life in me i cant figure how the air is meterd in to it .looks very complicated.any experts that could explain it cheers

I looked at the docs your looking at now.

Being a complete numpty with all things mechanical, I was fortunate enough to have a very competent fellow member in my club.

He stripped it and de-gunked it, relubed and reassembled it. Became slightly more twangy (not by much) but more consistant.

If I remember his expalnation, the reg is housed in one of the 2 blocks that are held together by the bolts. There is no need to touch it. Rather the allen ley bolt is the critical one but bear in mind it is loktighted in and can be a bit of a bu**er to sort out. After that it is relatively easy to sort out.

If you are in any doubt, I would get it to someone who can - even sending it back to Hull with the pellets you want to shoot with and ask them to set it to 11 ft lbs or 11.2 max
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

cheers styer

Despite what some 100 owners like to think, the 100 does not actually have a seperate regulator, its the main firing valve is itself that does the work as it is a Self Regulating valve. Basically it makes sure that the charge is the same each time, even as the pressure in the Air reservoir drops. Clever bit of kit and no regulator to go wrong.
    I get a spread of 7fps on my tinkered one and around 9fps on the standard one over a good 90+ shots from start to finish of the charge, no power curve at all, so it I guess it works well.

what have you done to aid consistancy mutt

The HW 100 has a secondary chamber which is charged to the same pressure each shot, so to all intents and purposes, its regulated.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

what have you done to aid consistancy mutt
    Nothing fancy, I aint a Gunsmith I just stripped down the back end, definately no need to touch the firing valve. Degreased it, de-burred a few little bits here and there (didnt need much anyway) Polished the hammer and the slide it sits in, same with the cocking arm guide channels and just re oiled with 3 in 1 oil. Its a good idea to get rid of the grease around the hammer and spring as this is the main problem with temperature changes, especially the cold as the grease gets harder and slows the hammer down. Before I did the bits it was dropping to the 730's fps when cold.
    Very smooth cocking now, slightly more consistent and the fps stays consistently around the 785 to 792 fps no matter how cold or hot it gets. A good return on a few hours work I reckon.

What did you use to deburr and polish ?
    What minimum cylinder pressure can you take the thing down to before fps starts to fall away. I guess this must be at a pressure approaching the intermediate chamber working pressure mentioned above ??

Quote Originally Posted by deeps
    What did you use to deburr and polish ?
    What minimum cylinder pressure can you take the thing down to before fps starts to fall away. I guess this must be at a pressure approaching the intermediate chamber working pressure mentioned above ??
    Jewellers files, wire wool, 1200 wet and dry and not forgetting the good old brasso. As I said I am no gunsmith but have spent many years tickering with motorbikes and their metalwork, I see it as the same but on a smaller scale.

I generally fill too 200 bar, out of this I will get 95 shots down to 100 bar at which point I will refill. However it will still shoot down to 90 bar with no depreciable drop in power.

mutt what is a v mach cylinder and how much

Quote Originally Posted by boko
    mutt what is a v mach cylinder and how much
    Its a replacement air cylinder with a quickfill so you dont have to remove the original cylinder everytime to refill. £145 from Steve Pope at V-Mach formerly the main man at Webley Venom.

cheers mutt