Thread: FWB 55P vs Steyr LP50

tpe Guest

FWB 55P vs Steyr LP50

Which is the better (probably user friendly or similar to the walther GSP 22 LR) gun?

At the club i use a walther GSP but obviously cant use it at home so would like a trainer for the back garden. It has taken a lot of investigation but I think I have narrowed the choice down to two possiblilties the FWB 55P and Steyr LP50

Trying to compare the two in Denmark is near enough impossible as air events are few and far between and no dealer has both (none have the FWB). So a little more help to decide without getting my hands on them would be greatly appreciated as for me this is a huge investment.

My local target sports dealer says that the LP5 had too many teething troubles and that he wont stock any other 5 shot semis as there are none of them that are any good (hence also eliminating the areon from the choice), is he really right about the FWB?

Details on the FWB

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modu...p5?cPageId=167

Details of the Steyr

http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/nav...ubsektion=lp50

Many thanks

tim
    Last edited by tpe; 22-05-2006 at 09:01 AM.

Tim, i've had a LP50 for a few years now and have put thousands of pellets through it.....it has never missed a beat once. It is one gun that i will never , ever part with.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

tpe Guest
    Thanks chris that was more or less what the guy at the shop said, so what is it about the FWB that makes it a lesser gun espcially when it costs more?

tim

BTW nicely dipped styer you have there, it seems like nobody who has one will part with them .

tpe Guest
    So the FWB is really that bad, is that why they stopped making it for a while ?!?!?, sorry just bumping in case it does have a good defence.

tim

Try a Drulov Condor DU-10 - designed to 'feel' a bit like a .22lr rapid fire pistol - great fun and very accurate - in fact better for rapid fire than the Styer as it has a shorter sight base and is more swingable (in theory...)
    Cheers
    Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

I have owned both of these pistols and while both are more accurate than me I found the Steyr to be more reliable.
    My own LP55 worked perfectly for the first year then for no apparent reason it stopped indexing and missfired.

It was sent back to the factory in Germany twice and returned in working order at no expence however by the third time I'd had enough and traded it in for an LP10 and eventually got an LP5 too and touch wood no trouble in three years.
    Got two bronze medals in the Scottish postal league with em anyway.
    I've never had any issues with either of my Steyr pistols.

I have also owend an Aeron BRNO five shot and that was a really good pistol traded it on impulse as you do and would buy another without hesitation for the right money.
    Hope that helps,
    Regards RH.

Sorryfor the mixup, Fienwerkbau CP55 not LP55 I now own a pair of Styer's LP5 and LP10 amd wont be parting with them.
    Last edited by Rockhopper; 25-05-2006 at 02:35 AM.
    http://rivington-riflemen.org/

Damm that pesky Oryctolagus cuniculus!!

I think you may have just been unlucky and had a "lemon" . the fact that not many people want to part with a LP50 says it all and when one does come up for sale , its like a feeding frenzy
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

tpe Guest
    So now I have been daft, but the price was very good, even though i really wanted the LP50 I ended up being made an offer i couldn't refuse on a FWB55p. Lets just home mr postie gets it right.

Thanks once again for all the good advice and sorry for ignoring it . I'm looking forward to puting up a review with pics when I can.

tim

Hmnn i should probably ask what a good pellet to start with is?
    Last edited by tpe; 28-06-2006 at 08:54 AM.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Good luck with the LP55 Let us know how you get on with it.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.