Thread: hide building

hide building

i need to get closer to some crows that are creating nuisance just over the other side of a soily bank/ridge, about 10 feet high, on both sides. the bank is covered in weeds and i can easily crawl up and see over and get them in range, my problem is maneuvering to get a shot at them.

how obvious do you think it would be if i removed a small patch of the weed and covered over with some camo net raised to weed level on hide poles?

i have never attempted to ambush / hide in a situatoin like this, and was hoping someone could help me out! there are no other gates / entrances / hedges / cover i can use. using this bank is my only option to get to them unnoticed.

any help appreciated!!!

Remember they mainly see you from above.

Just get some poles to support the camo netting and make sure your outline is broken up from above. Will you be prone or kneeling/standing? Prone should be easier as by the time they are low enough to "look in" they will be concentrating on the landing. And make sure your barrel is covered too.

It might also be worthwhile investing in a face net.

my thought is that as i scarmble (ever so delicately) up the bank, and under the net i will leave my head, arms and rifle visible, hence the nead for the netting. the advantage i have is that i will be shooting down at them from the apex of the ridge. there is a well used sitty tree at the other entance to the field and a phone line over the tell tale gap in the hedge, thats why i need to approach from the bank. the other bonus is that if i pull up in the disco, they will assume its just farm traffic leaving me covered at the open side by the car and the other by this bank.

the main problem i face is the lack of a dark backdrop. because of the line of sight they have on me, i won't have anything to mask behind me.

any suggestions on what to use?