Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I stand ?

How do I stand ?

Every morning I drive past the turning for the club which is about 15 miles from home and carry on for another 30 miles to get to work.

How would I stand if I took my rifle with me to work, to use on the way back home ?

Would plod say that was not a good enough reason to be carrying it ?

Store it securely at work? Arrange to drop it off at the club in the morning? Avoid the police altogether.
    I wouldn't want to leave my gun in the car.

Where I work, that would result in a major event!!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by snock
    Store it securely at work? Arrange to drop it off at the club in the morning? Avoid the police altogether.

I am working on a large house the car will be in a private drive about ten foot from my office.
    Trouble with the club is that there is only a shed with a combination padlock on.

I am not worried about the members nicking it but anybody could if they wanted to just walk in.

The farmer did have some gear nicked out his barn a while back so it puts me off leaving it there unattended.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    When my work used to mean me driving by my club I often thought the same. In fact, if that situation returns, I think I'll buy an AA TDR in a take-down bag which looks a little like a lap-top. That way I can take it into work with me and no one will be any the wiser ( just a thought to help ). ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

guns at work

i take them to work locked in the computor room no probs
    Sportsmatch GC2 numbers ,190, 252, 279.Steyr LP1 &LP5,EV2 mk4
    Whiscombe JW 50 FB Number 0012 & JW 60 Number 031, ,CR-X,

take it

hi mate i often take it to work if i intend to shoot in the evening, so long as you keep an eye on your car i dont see the problem, if you`re worried some one may nick it why not ask your boss for some heras fencing/ chain and padlock to put round your car? if your boss is as good as mine im sure he`ll be only to happy to help out
    Dexy
    if voting could change things it would be banned

Y GWIR Guest
    Is it an FAC? or not

Quote Originally Posted by dexy
    hi mate i often take it to work if i intend to shoot in the evening, so long as you keep an eye on your car i dont see the problem, if you`re worried some one may nick it why not ask your boss for some heras fencing/ chain and padlock to put round your car? if your boss is as good as mine im sure he`ll be only to happy to help out

I might just order myself some in the morning then
    Don't talk to me about bosses, mine doesn't even know where I am working yet.
    Will have to give him a yellow card.....

Quote Originally Posted by Y GWIR
    Is it an FAC? or not

No, not FAC just the usual AA s400 and HW 97 both under 12 ft/lbs

As long as your boss approves, it is stored in a secure area (or with you) and it's not a FAC, I can't see it being a problem.

I can't see a problem providing its out of sight and securely locked away either in boot or office. A trigger lock or lockable case would go a long way to showing responsibility. My boss dosn't have a problem with me bringing guns to work whether rifles or match pistols, but she does have a problem with me buying new ones

Thats the problem with running your own business and having a wife whos the accountant

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy
    As long as your boss approves, it is stored in a secure area (or with you) and it's not a FAC, I can't see it being a problem.

It's not my boss I am worried about it's PC Plod stopping me in the car on the way to work, carrying a rifle in the back of the car.
    If I get stopped for something stupid eg having a grey car in foggy conditions he will see a gun case on the back seat, it wont fit in the boot.
    Would I then have a reason to be carrying it as I am on the way to work not a shoot etc.
    My boss on the other hand will want to get it out an plink away in the garden

Quote Originally Posted by snock

you live in aylesbury, that place is ghetto , id take it into work but i wouldnt leave it in the car, i took my anshutz motorbike shopping last saturday after shooting a round of hft, i just warned the shops before i brought it in
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter
    I can't see a problem providing its out of sight and securely locked away either in boot or office. A trigger lock or lockable case would go a long way to showing responsibility. My boss dosn't have a problem with me bringing guns to work whether rifles or match pistols, but she does have a problem with me buying new ones

Thats the problem with running your own business and having a wife whos the accountant

Bob
    ford focus. 133bhp 262ft/ib of torque
    anshutz 8002
    RIVINGTON RIFLEMEN & WENDOVER FTC

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy
    It's not my boss I am worried about it's PC Plod stopping me in the car on the way to work, carrying a rifle in the back of the car.
    If I get stopped for something stupid eg having a grey car in foggy conditions he will see a gun case on the back seat, it wont fit in the boot.
    Would I then have a reason to be carrying it as I am on the way to work not a shoot etc.
    My boss on the other hand will want to get it out an plink away in the garden
    You are going to work and then going shooting before you go home. Genuine reason. Get him to ring your boss. He approves that the gun can be store at work so no problem. PC Plod hasn't a leg to stand on.