Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V-Mach Cobra review

V-Mach Cobra review

Just got my V-Mach Cobra, one of 5, mine is nr 2.
    Many of you will allready know the Cobra, but for those who don't:
    The Cobra is a Custom springer made on SPECIAL ORDER ONLY, based on the Tomahawk action. Bút it's FAR more than just a lazaglided Tommy! Lazaglided Tommy's are tuned áfter they're finished. Cobra's are taken from the productionline befóre they're finished cause they're finished BY HAND. And BOY does it show! The blueing is LIKE A MIRROR! Haven't seen anything like that before! Can see myself in it!You know those very fine machining marks visible when you inspect an action véry closely? They're NOT THERE on the Cobra! It's thát well polished!
    Further for the Cobra:
    -Cobra stock: missouri fiddleback walnut, with rollover cheekpiece and little palmrest. Very nice grain! To yr choice, chequering or not. Stock cán be made to yr specific size.You can choose standard 'walnut' of more luxurious walnut.
    - barrel length: 13/14 or 15", of course a véry accurate LW barrel(bit more accurate than the normal fitted LW barrels)
    - engraving. One engraving with 'V-Mach Cobra'is standard. You can add as much engraving as you wish though.
    - goldplated parts. Goldplated trigger is standard
    - rosewood caps, adj buttpad..
    - silencer/compensator or both. AND, one of the Cobra's nicest features; it's seamless integrated into the barrel! Almost NO seam is visible/feelable! VERY nice!
    You can also recognize a Cobra by the action. There's no 'Webley' or Cobra anywhere, no brand or modelname (except in the engraving) and many times no serial nr as well.
    The internal parts ánd finish are different to compared to my 12Ftp lazaglided Tommy: the Cobra is FAR easier to cock, it feels like a 7.5J! But it's 12Ftp!
    Trigger is also better than the one's fitted to my lazaglided Tommy's. It's lighter, crisper ánd has a very short sec stage.
    The balance is very good, as is the balance of all my Tommy's.
    There are about 10 Cobra's in total (Venom+V-Mach). They won't be made anymore. All 5 V-Mach Cobra's are sold.
    Haven't fired it yet, but I'll update this review as soon as I know more!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hwtyger; 22-03-2007 at 11:07 AM.
    ATB,
    yana

Some more pics:
    All but 2 of these pics are made by Steve during the manufacturing process.I don't have a 'complete rifle'pic yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ATB,
    yana

looks lovely...

whats the cost of something like that (i know steves work, so i know what the value is...)

Ideot Savant Guest
    Very nice. Got me a vmach hand finished longbow on its way from Steve soon, the action was pulled from production early on and will come without logo/stampings but with a custom blue and assembley. Looking at your cobra I cant wait!

Shot it for the 1st time yesterday. The one thing I noticed with the 1st shot: where's the recoil? I only noticed a slight movement through the scope, like a little breeze! Amazing! Even less recoil than my other lazaglided Tommy's! These múst be the springers closest to pcp's!(if you don't count the twin-piston or recoilless one's).There ís one danger; I got used to the non-recoil véry quickly, too quickly it became normal. Will take a LOT of getting used to when shooting my other airguns again! It also seems like it's less sensitive than my other Tommy's; allthough I didn't have my best day, it stíll gave ragged holes at 25m FT position!
    ATB,
    yana

I am surprised that sucha beautiful gun doesn't have a chequering.... skipline would be nice and should probably come as standard

Ideot Savant Guest
    At Lea Valley my shooting was extremly average, either me or the rifle was off but..
    I saw a cobra in the flesh today, thanks to alex (zorba). They really are the most beautiful of rifles. I also met Steve Pope, what a nice guy

I Cant wait for my longbow (please be fast steve)

....thinking about it isnt it a bit cruel to review such a great rifle that most of us will never even see, nevermind own?
    Last edited by Ideot Savant; 25-03-2007 at 08:50 PM.

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Aaaahhhhhhhhh Alex's cobra, did he mention he was selling it to me in the near future

I wish

Don ....

Chequering dóes come as standard but I didn't want it. Didn't like the looks of the chequering on the stock's forend, too short/small. Another pattern wasn't possible and I don't like pistolgrip chequering only so I changed it for extra engraving.
    About me writing the review: there were sevarel people SCREAMING for a review so it's not my fault! They áre expensive, for a springer, but a very good pcp + charging gear new is just as expensive. It's a matter of choice.
    ATB,
    yana

bsa1 Guest

i have

i have a db4 under lever that looks like that .only joking, nice rifle mate

Aren't you proud to be a COC, Yana.

(Cobra Owners Club)
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Any idea what the COC in Holland is? You want to joint the club?

I AM certainly proud to be a Cobra owner Dave!
    Berts, no intrest in a dutch Coc club, thnx!
    ATB,
    yana

Lovely rifle, what length barrel did you choose ?
    Tomahawk Sidewinder .22 (British)

The fact is that some will say its expensive,but the value of that gun will increase over time. how many air guns will do that.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.