Thread: brass eagle co2 "jett" adapter

Thumbs up brass eagle co2 "jett" adapter

just got this little bit of kit off of PALADIN on the for sale thread, just wanted to give my view and opinions on it for all you xs79 owners......

this piece of kit replaces the 88gr airsource bottle and bottle adapter off of the front of the xs79, its a simple case of taking out (carefully ) the old 88gr bottle and then unscrewing the brass adapter (to unscrew this as it is a round with a nice knurled pattern is a little bit tricky so's not to damage the adaptor if i wanted to use it again, i proceeded to put a small allen key through the 2 co2 escape holes and used a pair of pliers (round nosed jobbies) to twist this round, this made the unscrewing none destructive to the knurling and also very easy, after this was just the case of screwing the male to male adaptor in (and tightened up using a 17mm spanner, just nipped on more ) just simply inserting a sparklet into the main cylinder and screwing it up...... just needed to remember that you had too undo it a bit after you hear the hiss to let the co2 out.....

took it out into the back garden for a plink and to see if it was worth having....

my reason for getting it was MONEY, the cheapest ive got a 88gr airsource was £7 and then the local gunshop has stopped selling co2 guns and bottles, so getting them means travelling about 25 miles to Cromer (which are 15 for 2!!!!!and parking costs etc etc....... so costing about £9-10 + time and effort.....every 200 or so shots...... seeing that you can get the 12gr for approx 60 pence each off of the taboo auction site was gutting(including post)..... so i decided to snap this up (all this reasoning was worked out in the few minutes after i saw petes ad)
    also i know that the oseals in the brass adapters are a weak point (indeed whilst letting the reminents of gas discharge i noticed that the seal has started to disintergrate and vacate though the holes (mind you ive always left the bottles on charged...)
    so these stories are FACT......

first thing i noticed was the weight difference and balance difference, before the gun was light but tended to have a "front heavy" balance. not any more, i weighed the bottle and brass adapter and its a staggering 1lb 3 ounces so ive saved a pound in weight (as if it needed it in the first place) so ive lost a over a pound from a flyweight co2 gun.......so it weighs about 5lbs including scope and silencer.....now if i get bored i could use it as a pistol (adopting safety practices of course) ive also discovered that it gives 20+ useful shots (up to 30 if you like lobbing em), indeed the packaging quotes 8 shots for the paintball guns and i hoped that i would get a fair bit more......

looking at the end of the barrel after a discharge (ooerr) it seems that there is less fog than before so i would presume that the power has lessened (but will have to get on a chrono at the club first) but its made the thing as quiet as a mouses fart (great for the neighbours) and it still stick gamo pro magnums (yum) through tins after 28 shots...... only a test at the club (sunday will yield more).....

was it worth getting?

YES

the gun is lighter, better balanced than before, and i can save money and o seals and not worry about leaving on part full bottles/wasting co2 or stressing components whilst under continous pressure and 200 shots will cost me about £5 delivered to my home..... and the gun should last me alot longer......

link to piccie
    http://www.pbbr12231.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/files/co1.jpg
    http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...99673522CayzVL

cheers Paul
    Last edited by dunn220; 07-04-2007 at 10:14 PM.

also to say that ive still got the option of using the 88gr bottles for a heavy plinking sessions/marathon slogs and also the ultimate solution of a 9 oz paintball bottle too (golly id notice the weight difference though ) so its become very versatile (more so than the XS78 ) and did i mention ITS LIGHTER NOW TOO

(Awaiting ribald comments from the xs78 crew now....)

Lightbulb

Nice one Paul

AND

Even cheaper if you get 12grm cylinders from here >

http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/shop/...iewCat&catId=3

30p each inclusive of VAT + the post, if you buy a box of 50

ATVB

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PALADIN View Post
    Nice one Paul

AND

Even cheaper if you get 12grm cylinders from here >

http://www.tyreinflators.co.uk/shop/...iewCat&catId=3

30p each inclusive of VAT + the post, if you buy a box of 50

ATVB

Pete.
    wow even cheaper.......

cheers PETE

jett adaptor Vs Cooper t valve

further to experiment ive aquired a cooper t valve (thanks engineer )and had a test run today to set it up and to compare back to back what the advantages are of each system (88gr versus 12gr)...

1st of all i noticed the balance, to be absolutely blunt the gun is sooo light that i have no problem weight wise at all, however, the Jett adapter leaves the gun well balanced and very easy to handle.....the t valve adds all 1LB + on and does affect balance......

looks wise (vain i know)the Jett adapter walks it... nice and small and really suits the look of the gun, the bottle +valve+adapter looks too loooonnnngggg really.....

powerwise (all subjective really based on observation) the t valve wins, more fog and gas, higher POI (i would guess to say better tracjectory) and more of a whack target end would seem that my earlier theory was correct ,however i dont have any measuring equipment yet and so its subjective at best....

shot count wise obviously the T valve wins.... , although i really only use 30 shots on a plinking session so the jett adapter is really agreeable.....

build quality wise the Jett adapter wins.... much better engineered and has a "safer"feel about it (all encased in thick ali), certainly after my little accident with the 1st airsource....the t valve needs "real" tightening ie with a spanner before its gastight, hence my 1st experience......tighten, tighten,tighten.......pop.....oh ***** (gas spraying out of end) cant stop the effing thing...run outside and chuck it on the lawn to emit 7 quids worth of gas, freeze up and knacker the o ring in side it........ second go.....pop down hardware store get a couple of o rings........spanner at the ready and quick escape route if it all goes pete tong. gas oozing out (slower this time) quick tweek with the spanner and alls well. so confidence is a little wavered at this point

both items stop the gun being under constant load (very good for reliability) and are worth having just for this.... i think from a personal POV i would recommend the Jett adapter... much cheaper to run/waste, per shot, better balance, lower power for plinkin at home, looks more attractive and is better built.....

.....however come sunday ill br sticking the 88 gr bottle back on (hopefully all the contents wont have oozed out by then ) and using it for a 2 hour 30yard plinking session down the club

Best of both worlds..you bet!!!!!

Paul

talking of power ive just done a couple of penetrative tests (oooeer missus) and it looks like the brass eagle doesnt lose out to the airsource on power either........so my earlier perceptions were ,thus, unfounded....