Thread: Air Wolf Barrel Shroud

Air Wolf Barrel Shroud

Hi all. I would like to fit an external silencer to the end of my Air Wolf barrel rather than to (or in) the shroud. It has been suggested that I could use a Mk3 shroud and pre-silencer (or custom made adapter). Has anyone tried this or have any observations/comments?

Thanks

sniper22 Guest
    yes. the mk3 pre silencer needs about 2" space at the muzzle to work well. it adds length too with an aistream3 or weihrauch.
    very good results though.

hadaka-jimi Guest
    Pod - I have a carbon fibre silencer for sale if you want it for your project.

I have a mini carbon silencer and an Air Stream III sat waiting... But thanks anyway.

Sniper22 - I had e-mailed you on this topic but I seem to be suffering e-mail problems at the mo. Did the Mk3 shroud just slide straight on with no further mods? Is the angle at the breech the same on both rifles? And is the 2" space required for air management and accuracy or simply for quietening the rifle a bit?
    Last edited by Pod; 03-07-2006 at 10:59 AM.

Talking

Hi Pod
    on my Air Wolf i fitted a shorter shroud (10mm longer than the barrel) made a bit to fit over the barrel to hold shroud central then fitted silencer adaptor

Steve

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...2838&members=1

Quote Originally Posted by stevecoo
    Hi Pod
    on my Air Wolf i fitted a shorter shroud (10mm longer than the barrel) made a bit to fit over the barrel to hold shroud central then fitted silencer adaptor

Steve

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...2838&members=1
    Cheers Steve. Does that mean that your silencer is still attached to the shroud, or is it now attached to the barrel?

Lovely stock by the way

sniper22 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    I have a mini carbon silencer and an Air Stream III sat waiting... But thanks anyway.

Sniper22 - I had e-mailed you on this topic but I seem to be suffering e-mail problems at the mo. Did the Mk3 shroud just slide straight on with no further mods? Is the angle at the breech the same on both rifles? And is the 2" space required for air management and accuracy or simply for quietening the rifle a bit?
    the angle of the breech isnt an issue. the mk3 shroud slips over the barrel and into a recess on the front face of the breech housing. the 2" is because the pre - silencer is an expanmsion chamber and s needs to be forward of the muzzle to work effectively.
    another way is to fit an awt silencer - mine was made as a special but im sure you can get another made. ill email you a piccy of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sniper22
    the angle of the breech isnt an issue. the mk3 shroud slips over the barrel and into a recess on the front face of the breech housing. the 2" is because the pre - silencer is an expanmsion chamber and s needs to be forward of the muzzle to work effectively.
    another way is to fit an awt silencer - mine was made as a special but im sure you can get another made. ill email you a piccy of it.
    Thanks as usual Tony

sniper22 Guest
    i aim to please mate.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    Cheers Steve. Does that mean that your silencer is still attached to the shroud, or is it now attached to the barrel?

Lovely stock by the way
    Hi Pod
    the silencer adaptor replaces the end cap on the shroud so the silencer is fitted to the shroud

Steve

stock is a Paul Wilson work of art