Thread: Crosman 2260 barrel length

Beardy Rich Guest

Question Crosman 2260 barrel length

Fellas,

I've bought an alloy silencer for a 2260 and having removed the foresight to fit it, I find that the rifle is too long to fit my gun bag.

Can I remove a few inches off the barrel end? I've read somewhere that if you want to shorten a barrel it's best done by chopping off at the breech end? Is this correct? How much length can I remove and will it affect the rifles performance?

Thanks, Beardy Rich.

Cutting at the breech end will require a new hole drilled in the barrel for the breech sleeve, which fits between the barrel & the cylinder, I would cut the other end. As for performance, shortening the barrel on a 2260 will reduce the power.

I recommend a new gun bag!
    Modded Ratty. 22

Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    I recommend a new gun bag!

Seconded.
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.

Darren Petts Guest
    A new bag has to be the easier answer here. If you chop the muzzle end you will loose any choke the manufacturer has put there and will need to recrown it. Loosing the choke often makes the barrel pellet fussy often extremely so. Alternatively get a 1/2 inch unf adapter added to the barrel and then you can screw a compatible silencer on and off at will.

Rich,

A quick question, what type of silencer did you get? Where from, how much & is it any good?

Yes - I know that was actually 4 questions, I'm after one myself & quite fancy the logun carbon jobby.
    Modded Ratty. 22

Beardy Rich Guest
    Hi Gman,

I got the silencer from the gundeals auction site. It's an alloy one measuring about 5" with a grub screw fitting. Only cost a tenner too

Had a look at the site, was it off jethroo50? Is it a crosman red tip? - can't tell from the description or photo, is it new? jethroo50 is selling one, I'm after two, if it is the guy he probably has more.
    Finally - I promise, have you got contact details of jethroo50, not wanting to register at Gundeals - PM me please.
    Modded Ratty. 22