Thread: Spanish Move

El Tim Guest

Spanish Move

I have just moved to Spain. I would like to have a airifle again. Can anyone tell me rules regs and laws for owning in Spain

A sleepy village Nr Skipton, a bit like Royston Va
    Quote Originally Posted by El Tim
    I have just moved to Spain. I would like to have a airifle again. Can anyone tell me rules regs and laws for owning in Spain
    The Grumpy Gringo will be along any min.
    AA 410k, 3-9X50
    FN19 Hawke, 6-18x44
    AA S200, 6-24X50
    S10, 8-32X50

And you still haven't learned how to spell Alicante, Lee

Hi Tim, what do you want to know? Whereabouts in Spain are you and what would you like to do?

Best wishes
    Nige

Any news on the house sale, or when you'll be over Lee?

El Tim Guest

Spanish Move

Quote Originally Posted by Nige52
    And you still haven't learned how to spell Alicante, Lee

Hi Tim, what do you want to know? Whereabouts in Spain are you and what would you like to do?

Best wishes
    Nige
    Hi Nige

Thanks for your reply, just want to know if I can buy in UK or anywhere else and bring it here . Can I use it on my property to kill vermin and are there any restrictions on what I can buy.

Great if you can help, I have bird poo everywhere!

regards

Tim

El Tim Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee G
    From what I know so far

Air rifles and pistols are restricted to 18ft/lbs
    No killing of any animals allowed
    Pellet availability is very limited in choice

Join this forum
    http://airecomprimido.net/portal/index.php

I use it along with Nige from here. One of the forum mods is an English ex pat
    Use a translation progy if you cant speak Spanish
    I have found that posting in both English and Spanish helps on there.
    Some of them love the challenge of replying in English

Where abouts are you in Spain if you don't mind me asking?

As soon as my house sells, I will be heading to a small village about 20 mins away from Alecante
    Hi Lee

Thanks for your reply, need to kill vermin - bird poo everywhere

I am in Altea Costa Blanca North, approx 40 kms from Alicante. Life in Spain is different but good. No regrets. I am running a small B&B and have been open since April, Spanish coming along slowly.

regards

Tim

tpe Guest
    Sorry hijak in progress, i hope you dont mind, 18 ftlb Hmnn so that means my FX is not legal there .

Anyone know about rimfire licences, and if rapid fire pistols are ok? I have an interview there on the 21st, that i think is a pretty much dead cert (madrid as you know nige), but have to find a house etc.

tim

Hi Tim,
    I used to live in Torrevieja, so you are only 40 mins from my old place...bad news mate, you get caught shooting Sparrows and you're in for it. In Spain it is against the law to shoot any live quarry with airguns, they are regarded as toys here even though the legal limit is 24 joules (18ft/lb's)

BUT, if you go on the 3 day intensive course run by the Guardia Civil, which is in Spanish and consists of theory and practical tests and you pass, after months waiting, you'll get whatever licence you want, shottie combined with rimmie, rimmie combined with centerfire pistol, in fact, whatever combination you initially apply for, magnum pistol shooting is big here, and loud

Then using your 12 bore, you can blast away to your hearts content at the little darlings..well the Spanish do anyway

In all seriousness, I can't advise you, there's only netting (Or catapults? )

Last thing, you CANNOT send an airgun through the Post Office, the Correos. It's against the law and it will be confiscated when the scanner sees it. But a courier company is fine

Hope this helps
    Nige

El Tim Guest

Spanish Move

Thanks Nige

Not what I hoped for, might have to do the course, when my spanish improves!

Catapult here I come, I have a webley catapult not very accurate - or is it me!

and the birds will continue to poo

Tim