Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: over legal limit

over legal limit

I put my Mks threw my combro and 3 out of the 5 shots were over the limit, so using the settings i lowered it 2 beeps and it is now running at 11.4 ftlb, my question is if the police stopped me for any reason and took it to test would they test it as it is or would they reset it to the factory settings?

Rhys
    Daystate MK3s .177 topped of with a bushnell 4200 elite
    QUARRY HUNTERS

MY MK3S

Quote Originally Posted by jol
    I put my Mks threw my combro and 3 out of the 5 shots were over the limit, so using the settings i lowered it 2 beeps and it is now running at 11.4 ftlb, my question is if the police stopped me for any reason and took it to test would they test it as it is or would they reset it to the factory settings?

Rhys

The law is crystal clear if the gun is capable of over 12ft/ibs its a firearm.

No amount of button pressing can change this, send it to a gunsmith (or in this case software engineer)

Richard
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

as i understand .they have to test it as they find it .and cannot mess with it at all .but can use a variety of pellets most guns can be alterd to run over 12fp thats why they test em sad but true

Quote Originally Posted by boko
    as i understand .they have to test it as they find it .and cannot mess with it at all .but can use a variety of pellets most guns can be alterd to run over 12fp thats why they test em sad but true
    Nonsense

If the power is adjustable by the user (ie by pressing bleeping buttons not by stripping the thing) they will adjust it

Richard

Any gun can be put over the limit. Doing a rapid isn't much more difficult than pressing a few buttons.
    Break your backs and crack your oars men! If you wish to prevail.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH
    Nonsense

If the power is adjustable by the user (ie by pressing bleeping buttons not by stripping the thing) they will adjust it

Richard
    If they've got the brains for it!
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

As already said. The law states "capable".

I would not like to be arguing the definition of capable in a court of law. With the Daystate it's not even using tools to reset the power.

ATB
    Ray.

If the police read the manual, and restored the default settings, the rifle would be hot. I'd send it back to Daystate.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan
    If the police read the manual, and restored the default settings, the rifle would be hot. I'd send it back to Daystate.

Gus
    That does of course depend upon the local constabulary being able find an officer who can
    boh read and having opposing thumbs in order to work the flashing lights without
    becoming scared by the beeps.

But Gwylan is right, get it back to Daystate.

Nealsey
    I'm back.

If the official view is indeed 'capable' then what is there to stop the Police from squirting WD40 into the transfer port on a springer? Or messing with any of the power adjusters on PCPs?

I cannot believe that the Police would test an air rifle in any condition other than that it was being used. Anything else is just a load of made up old ******** .

If as stated that is the official take ('capable') on the issue then we are all and might as well give up now as setting air rifles to just 1 ftlbs is pointless if the Police are going to fiddle

Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    If the official view is indeed 'capable' then what is there to stop the Police from squirting WD40 into the transfer port on a springer? Or messing with any of the power adjusters on PCPs?

I cannot believe that the Police would test an air rifle in any condition other than that it was being used. Anything else is just a load of made up old ******** .

If as stated that is the official take ('capable') on the issue then we are all and might as well give up now as setting air rifles to just 1 ftlbs is pointless if the Police are going to fiddle
    Technically nothing mate if you assume all coppers are dishonest

FAC's are a get out of jail free card though

Richard

So a technical question here,

If you jammed something into the barrel really tightly and then pulled the trigger,
    would the immovable object cause the resultant pressure in the gun to continue to
    increase until it became an irresistable force until it cleared the barrel?

Nealsey
    I'm back.

does this mean i'm gonna get done for speeding because my car is 'capable' of 90mph in a 30 limit????

this issue is something i'm concerned with, does anyone know an FLO or someone who could give an official description on whether its how its found or indeed if its capable.

if its the latter i feel basc are gonna get a lot of phone calls in the near future!!!!!

Three rifles - all 'capable'

I'm going to have a shower now and drop the soap and stuff a banana up my ass. Better get used to it I suppose

Not saying I'm cute or anything

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod
    I'm going to have a shower now and drop the soap and stuff a banana up my ass.
    I didn't know you were a Tory MP...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com