Thread: Will this work, crossover cure...

Ideot Savant Guest

Will this work, crossover cure...

Hi,
    If I optically centre my scope, and then at my zero range set windage by shimming the mount clamps will this cure crossover?
    I have this on my bsa scoprion, sportsmatch 13mm mounts have helped over normal 11mm mounts but its still a bit off, If I zero at 30 yards I'm 1cm right at 12 yards.

Shims in the dovetail are always risky, as you can damage the rail, which can be expensive. Tim Finley wrote a bit in AGW about this a while back. Better to use adjustable mounts, such as BSquare.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Ideot Savant Guest
    Hmmm. I hear you, I wouldnt want to bugger it up.
    But the theory is sound then?
    I could try good old film negative, perhaps this would be more of a cushion than metal shims.

sportsmatch 13mm mounts have helped over normal 11mm mounts but its still a bit off
    Look at the 14mm BSA adjustable mounts (Uttings website), might they improve things?

Ideot Savant Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forth
    Look at the 14mm BSA adjustable mounts (Uttings website), might they improve things?
    Thanks, I'll take a look.

Sportsmatch do a very nice one piece high fully adjustable mount. I'm getting one to cure my crossover problems.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Forth
    Forth... I think they're made by BSquare, do you know if they'll take the BSquare riser posts?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Forth... I think they're made by BSquare, do you know if they'll take the BSquare riser posts?
    Don't know, as the medium height mount I bought proved fine as it was, with a 40mm scope on my Superstar - but would be surprised if the BSquare risers wouldn't fit.
    Perhaps BSA themselves could confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by wadoka
    Hi,
    If I optically centre my scope, and then at my zero range set windage by shimming the mount clamps will this cure crossover?
    I have this on my bsa scoprion, sportsmatch 13mm mounts have helped over normal 11mm mounts but its still a bit off, If I zero at 30 yards I'm 1cm right at 12 yards.
    Sounds Ok as long as you are zero'd side to side at more than one distance in still conditions.