Adjustable 1 piece mounts

Guys,

Anyone have any experience of the Sportsmatch one piece
    adjustable mounts? I have ordered these today to replace
    my two piece mounts on my HW100.

Nealsey

JSR Reference:
    AOP55: Height and windage adjustable up to 56mm
    Last edited by Nealsey; 21-07-2006 at 01:25 PM.
    I'm back.

Just fitted one last night to my HW77k. So not much help but....
    Certainly makes loading the pellets easier
    Only problem is now there are soooooo many this you could adjust....it's a question of which 'should' I adjust first...
    A bit of trial and error...

What it did show me was that my scope is bent

Anyone had any experience of applying a bit of force to 'straighten' it out a bit, not expecting perfection...but it would explain some of my crossover problems...... (Sorry to hijack the thread a bit)

Any futher experiences with the sportsmatch....I'll let you know..

Pete

Pete,

Many thanks.

Neal
    I'm back.

It's not easy.....

Lots of twiddling, plinking, measuring, twiddling, plinking, measuring......I'll just move that slightly... great primary zero on the nose....secondary zero a mile off
    More twidling, plinking, measuring, twiddling, plinking, measuring, it's getting dark......great secondary zero as zero as a zero can be......primary zero off
    I'll try again tomorrow

Pete

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Just removed one of these in favour of standard sportmatch one piece. There is just a little bit too much going on for my liking. Whenever strange things occurred I was always a little dubious of the mount. I can't say anything specific was wrong but I just didn't have any faith in them in the end.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Just thought I would let you know how to set them properly ,first you have to centre the reticule of your scope ,to do this wind in your turrets till they stop ,then wind out and count the number of clicks till it stops ,divide by two and count in to this number .
    Set your front mount minimum turns and your rear mount half a turn more to get the elevation right .
    Then adjust the front mount only to get your secondary zero at about 10 yards,then try your primary at about 35 yards ,if out go back to ten yards and alter your rear mount until zeroed ,then try your 35 again ,and it should be quit close ,you will know if you got this right ,you won't have to move your scope turrets more than six clicks TO GET IT SPOT ON this should only take about 20 minutes
    I have had mine for about six months now and wouldn't be with out them ,hope this helps
    PS this is for the B SQURE mounts but the principle is the same
    Last edited by ashbo; 21-07-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    QUARRY TEAM MEMBER 4 TIMES UKAHFT TEAM WINNERS .AA S400 GINB FT STOCK TASCO 2.5X10X42 AA TX200HC TASCO 2.5X10X42
    STAY SAFE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

It would if I had a .177.

I think I'll have to modify them a bit for .22 to allow for the zenith between the two zeros... I need at least 7 ( probably leave 20 for safety) to dial in the mid range stuff.

But thanks very helpful.

The elevation I don't have much problem with....it the side to sidey bit that pi$$in9 me o££

Pete

Elevation is secondary when doing this ,getting the reticule centered is the most important bit ,if you don't do this your wasting your time ,because the more your reticule is off centre the more PX error you have .
    Try shooting bench rested and you can watch the pellets flight path to the target ,it has an annoying habit of traveling in from one side or the other ,where as it should be traveling in line with your centre post .
    This can also be caused by not having your scope set correctly ,try setting your cross hairs using a small spirit level ,just the bubble bit on your action and a plumb line at about 20 yards .
    You will be amazed at just how far out the naked eye can be
    QUARRY TEAM MEMBER 4 TIMES UKAHFT TEAM WINNERS .AA S400 GINB FT STOCK TASCO 2.5X10X42 AA TX200HC TASCO 2.5X10X42
    STAY SAFE AND HAPPY SHOOTING

Thanks, I'll try that.

Pete

Got mine thins morning, absolutely brilliant service from JSR, ordered yesterday
    lunchtime and delivered this morning free!!!

So setting them up took a bit of thinking about with 2 sets of adjustors at either
    end for windage and one under the scope mount for elevation.

Now got them set up perfectly and am well chuffed with them.

Nealset
    I'm back.

Almost sorted.

@ 25 yards grouping approx 1/2 inch.
    So I'm happy with that for now, guess that's down to me.

However at 10'ish yards put 3 pellets through the same hole...nice you might say. Not when that hole is 5 mm to the right of the point I was aiming at

Now for hunting purposes, 5mm @ 10 yards is probably neither here nor there, but I would like to sort it as i guess it means that at longer ranges the pellet will be to the left of where I'm aiming,(I will check that tomorrow). I'm gueesing that at 40 yards it would be 5mm to the left.... Since I can't shoot 40 yards as the garden isn't long enough, other imperfections in my technoque will probably mask this flaw.

How do I correct this with the adjustable mounts.
    All I can think of is to move the front of the mount a vary small bit right, and the back of the mount a tiny bit more....
    Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Pete

thats about it...you need to perhaps move the rear until you have the same offset right for 25 and 10 yds...then move both so they are back on centre...make sense?

now...do they do these in silver and will they take a 45mm scope?

Quote Originally Posted by rfarn
    thats about it...you need to perhaps move the rear until you have the same offset right for 25 and 10 yds...then move both so they are back on centre...make sense?

now...do they do these in silver and will they take a 45mm scope?
    Thanks, will try that this evening.

I'm sure the would take a 44mm scope, as I have a 50mm with front adjuster...however they may be a bit high!
    AS for silver, I don't think so.......get out the spray paint

Pete