Thread: Availability of FAC Mk3's for overseas customers.

Availability of FAC Mk3's for overseas customers.

Hi All,

I'm a mad keen air enthusiast from Auckland, NZ.

I ordered a Mk3 FAC FTR from Litts 9 weeks ago, and still haven't recieved it.

My credit card was debited 4 weeks ago, and I'm having no luck getting anybody at Litts to reply to my emails and tell me what's going on.

Does anybody know if Daystate are having trouble supplying their retailers with this version of their Mk3?

Is it common practise for retailers in the UK to charge an overseas customer for goods that they obviously don't have, and can't ship?

What is the procedure for gun dealers to ship an FAC air rifle to New Zealand?

Does it require a permit to be granted, and obtaining one is the reason for it to take so long?

Can anyone at Daystate, (David SnooK?), offer an explaination?

I'll look forward to any advise this forum can offer me.

Thanks All.

Kind regards,

Max McRae.

Brilliant forum, by the way.
    Easily the best out there.

Should have gone to BAR

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/

Link for future use.

Not sure if JSR deals with overseas transactions but first class service.

http://www.jsramsbottom.com/cgi-bin/jsr.exe

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Hi Max,
    Another kiwi here, I ordered an Air Wolf from Litts several weeks ago my card has also been debited and my emails go unanswered, so you are not alone.
    Would really appreciate it if you could let me know if you find out anything

Good luck

Paul

pauln@xtra.co.nz
    Last edited by pauln; 28-07-2006 at 09:49 AM.

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Contact Daystates, to see if they are aware of any problems

My view is, that took funds expecting early delivery
    and delay in Stock arriving....

Aware that not many dealers are interesting in processing overseas orders these day's especially FAC versions

BOB/R

Quote Originally Posted by clickngofar

I ordered a Mk3 FAC FTR from Litts 9 weeks ago, and still haven't recieved it.

My credit card was debited 4 weeks ago, and I'm having no luck getting anybody at Litts to reply to my emails and tell me what's going on.
    Is it common practise for retailers in the UK to charge an overseas customer for goods that they obviously don't have, and can't ship?......
    No, it is not common practise and it is either illegal or against credit card rules. Possibly contact your credit card company. It looks like it was shipped 4 weeks ago.

Their web site does not work properly for me. Maybe they are not good at email. Have you tried faxing them? International Fax: (01144) 1633 244978 fom their web site.

They have a stand at the CLA Game Fair 28th - Sunday 30th July so it may be best to wait until after the weekend in case all their staff are there!
    Richard

Ok thanks for that Spherx.
    I have let my credit card compny know, and they will reverse the charge if the goods are not recieved with 30 days.

Clubshot,
    I've sent an email to Daystate earlier today from work, (your night time), I'll see what they have to say on Monday.

Pauln, thanks for your comments. I'll keep you in the picture.
    Poor show all round I reckon.
    Funny thing is I ordered and recieved an EV2 from Litts a year ago and it was here within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by clickngofar

I've sent an email to Daystate earlier today from work, (your night time), I'll see what they have to say on Monday.

Tony Belas is on Holiday this week and I'm not sure if he is not back until Tuesday. So hang on if you dont get a reply Monday.

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

I ordered the Air Wolf on the 16th of June and was told it would take 3 weeks and my credit card was debited that day.
    Have not had a responce to my emails to Litts but was not worried untill I read this thread

Paul

For what its worth, I've been waiting about 3 months for my airwolf here in the states. I did hear my gun has been shipped from daystate as of the 24th of July, and should be at our US distributor soon! Although I did not receive a call, rumor has it that Tony Belas (or was it Gary Saunders?) phoned many of the US customers, apologized for the delay, and explained that they are indeed short handed during this summer season, and they are having difficulty keeping up with demand, and that we'll be getting our guns soon... (second hand info here of course)... If I had actually gotten that call, it would have meant A LOT to me in terms of my future daystate loyalty... It would have been MOST IMPRESSIVE to hear: 'sorry for the delay, we're doing what we can, you're not forgotten...' from daystate... Not that I would come to expect this kind of service. I suspect, the problem is Litts is having difficulty getting the guns from Daystate. As with our dealer here in the states, delivery promises/dates have been made, then broken and post-poned... Perhaps Litts does not want to make any more promises to you that they can't keep, as they're simply at the mercy of daystate?

Regards,

Scott in CO
    Last edited by Scott in CO; 28-07-2006 at 08:11 PM.

Got a reply from Andrew Litts, seems like a nice guy and a good firm.
    Just a matter of supply and demand
    Such a quality product to many people want them

Paul

Litts

If it's the Litt's that I live by in Wales every time I go in there I find if your an airgunner they ain't got the time of day for you!!! not just me who thinks this, lots of mates feel the same! but since it is the only decent stockist close by ain't got no choice but to use them, have bought a few guns from them in the past i.e. Falcon fn19 and HW45. Perhaps some competition should open up in the same city (Newport) and lets see how much trade they loose due to their lack of customer service, me and my bro-in-law have been speaking about this and have recognised that there is a lack of good quality air rifle shops offering quality advice and friendly service in our area we were considering starting our own buisness just for airgunners. I'm looking to buy a HW97 soon and can asure you that I won't be taking my trade to them.

Max

I am sorry but I have no news for you, I am not aware of any problems except Daystate have been very busy judging bythe amount of electronic units and solenoids (Harper Classic Guns) we have shipped over the last few months.

Perhaps this is a question that Tony can best answer, I believe he is back next week.

David

Unhappy

Georgey,
    Thanks for your comments.
    It wasn't what I wanted to hear, but if that's how you've found them, then that's very interesting.

David,
    Thanks or that.
    I wasn't sure what your involvement with Daystate was, but I understand that now.

I just hope this rifle is worth the wait when I finally get my hands on it.
    Whenever that might be.